Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cleaning the bath after emollient?  (Read 2610 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cleaning the bath after emollient?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2021, 11:53:41 AM »

Good point!  The oestrogen replacement will be absorbed until the vaginal tissue is plumped up.  I don't get any discharge so I suppose the 'ovestin' is doing it's job.  I can't remember how it was initially as I've used the product for a few years now. 

The other product I have used in the past: both eaten and applied : is LIVE yoghurt.  It cleanses the whole digestive tract and applied to the vaginal area can be soothing if a little messy  ;)

How do U feel this morning? 

Postmeno3

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2021, 01:20:13 PM »

Thanks for asking. This thread has taken on a great direction. I'm slightly more irritated again so I'm thinking I should stop all these potions as my examination appointment came through today for a couple of weeks and we'll maybe both have a clearer idea of what we're dealing with. A face-to-face will be more useful, too, I think, as the phone felt rushed and anxiety-provoking. With the M.E., I don't process information fast enough or accurately enough over the phone. The thing is, I'm not (or wasn't!) sore at all externally, but I guess the thinking is the atrophy is wider spread than I realise. I'm only sore internally with soapy things, Epsom Salts and new relationship "fumblings" (sorry, tmi!). I'll stick with the Vagifem to boost the Estring and leave all the gunky stuff aside meantime. I've loads more other symptoms that really need systemic hrt. I tick, consistently, at least 25 of the 35 symptoms listed on the thread titled "Tired" with a few more intermittently. Then, the issue of what's causing what with the M.E. in the mix. I guess it's a bit complicated!

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2021, 02:09:00 PM »

New relationship 'fumbling' - we're still fumbling  ;)

Sometimes it's a good idea to go back to almost nowt at all and add - might give a better idea as to which is the irritant?  Make a list of symptoms to take with you to the appt..

4 me the atrophy was high us [razor blades  :o].  I've used KY Jelly or 'savlon' for the area since the 1970s. 

Postmeno3

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2021, 02:21:59 PM »

Yes, I think it's been too much to pile in at one time, probably well-intentioned! I need things as simple as possible with minimal energy going into faffing about with too much to contend with at one time, hence the beauty of the Estring. I'm hoping when I present my (considerable) list and back-up letters etc I'll just get systemic and something less gunky and irritating for the external area which will stay external! Intrarosa could be interesting instead of the Vagifem as it's waxy and presumably helps more that way. Or Imvaggis.....must check them out some more. Glad you're finding things that help you without being too prescriptive.

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2021, 02:25:00 PM »

It's been trial and error then stick with what I know.

I always read "Imvaggis" as I am vegan  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]