Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan  (Read 1029 times)

LisaBenno

Utrogestan
« on: April 23, 2021, 07:34:37 PM »

Hi, I’ve been struggling for years on and off with hrt since my Oophorectomy 7 years ago.

I’ve had a private consultation and have been prescribed utrogestan intravaginally (using it sequentially so day 15-28 of each month 100mg oral tablet x2 inserted into the vaginal at night) and oestrogel gel 2 pumps daily, building up to 4 pumps if needed.

I feel stupid asking but, if I no longer have periods, do I have to wait until the 15th May before I can start using the utrogestan vaginally please?  :o

Dotty

Re: Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 06:16:44 AM »

Hi is there a reason why you’ve been told to take the Utrogestan on days 15 - 28?

If you are post menopause ( not had a period for 12 months ) then you can take 100mg every day. x

LisaBenno

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 10:30:14 AM »

Thanks Dotty

Yes, I am progesterone intolerant so gp has said to use utrogestan vaginally for 2 weeks of the month to see how I get on x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 12:19:25 PM »

It won't matter in your case. It's because it's used this way in peri to keep in step with your own cycle. If you bleed it should be a couple of days after stopping it.

LisaBenno

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 02:02:00 PM »

Ahh right...thank you :)

beesue

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 04:23:28 PM »

help knowledgeable ladies!
I must be thick (or maybe it's the menopause???)

I've been on tibolone for 8 years, it agrees with me. I'm 65 and have not had a period for years. Reluctantly, I decided to wean myself off because I've been diagnosed with hypothyrodism (Hashimotos). Concerned with breast cancer. Been off HRT since February.  Having typical menopause symptoms (sweats, bladder issues, dry vagina and painful sex).

Unfortunately, last week my elderly dementia mother was diagnosed with cancer. I am her primary carer and I am finding it difficult coping with menopause and caring and now her palliative treatment.

Discussed this with my doctor who agreed taking a form of HRT will help alleviate some of the stress.
She's given me Utrogestan 100 (progesterone tablets) and EstrodermMX50 patches. 

Ultrogestan Instructions say: recommended  dose 200mg daily at bedtime, for 12 days in the last half of each therapeutic cycle (beginning on Day 15 of cycle and ending day 26.

Do I take 2 tablets of Ultrogestan daily without a break? 

Or do I have to have a break of 11 days?  Will that mean I will have a bleed?

I am reluctant to ring my doctor with my stupid question.  Help please!!

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 07:38:27 PM »

Most meno women will take 100mg every day and don't have a bleed. Taking 200mg x 12 days is a sequi regime and you will bleed. You'd use it this way in peri.