Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Anyone take Utrogestan in the morning?  (Read 5956 times)

PippaSM

Anyone take Utrogestan in the morning?
« on: April 24, 2021, 07:06:30 AM »

I started my second cycle of seq. utrogestan, last night (vaginally due to previous side effects).
Unfortunately, it’s still keeping awake, still making me very jittery and still making night sweats much worse.
It’s definitely NOT helping me sleep, so could I take it in the morning, instead?
I’m worried that gravity will work against it and it might not stay in / high enough up.
Does anyone else take it vaginally, in the morning?
Thank you.

PippaSM

Re: Anyone take Utrogestan in the morning?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 10:46:03 AM »

That’s really good to know, thank you.
It just doesn’t seem to have a sedative affect at all, even when I took it orally, which is a shame because my sleep is shocking!
I’m glad you found a method that suits.
Thanks again.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 04:59:16 PM »

I've had several children and getting on in age, and would never insert it vaginally in the morning! If it stays up there for you, then all well and good. I experience side effects from vaginal use - always - I've never taken it orally. I get vivid dreams, bladder irritation ( night loo visits needed), and foggy head/lethargy, morning exhaustion, sometime migraine. I hate the stuff but needs must!

Hurdity x

PippaSM

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 05:35:27 PM »

Hi Hurdity,
I'm, childfree and have been told I have a very small vaginal canal (by medical professionals, not just blokes biting themselves up!) so I might give it a go. I guess I'll know pretty quickly if it works or not.
Yes, I still get side effects taking it vaginally (bloating, wind, cramps, indigestion, worse night-sweats, but like you say, needs must and all that.
May I ask what regimen you're on? It's only been two month but between 14 days on the Utrogestan making me feel awful, and the bleed making me feel awful, I reckon I'll only having about five good days a month at the minute  :(
Thanks for your help.
X

I've had several children and getting on in age, and would never insert it vaginally in the morning! If it stays up there for you, then all well and good. I experience side effects from vaginal use - always - I've never taken it orally. I get vivid dreams, bladder irritation ( night loo visits needed), and foggy head/lethargy, morning exhaustion, sometime migraine. I hate the stuff but needs must!

Hurdity x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 09:25:38 PM »

And I worry I haven't had the full dose if I have to go to the toilet in the night as it comes out then! I can't imagine size makes much difference as it's liquid when it comes out so only needs a small aperture. Interesting it may be absorbed in 15 minutes, if you could find a document that confirms this it'll be a good indication if you're getting the full dose. The 200mg used for ivf come with an applicator so will start off higher up. Let us know how long it takes to come out?

PippaSM

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 10:04:37 PM »

I’ve been trying to find an applicator as I was worried it might not be getting high enough up but I’m guessing as I’ve had a bleed, it’s doing something.
I’ll keep you posted!

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 10:53:14 PM »

Pity I didn't know before. Until a couple of months ago I was on the 200mg. I tried and failed to get them without the applicators as I didn't use them, just threw them away.

PippaSM

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 09:31:00 AM »

Hi Belle, that’s really useful, thank you.
I’ve just kind of been shoving it up as far as I can so hopefully that’ll do. Interesting re absorption time too. Always good to have official info.
Thanks again. X

Jasmin20

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 02:24:24 PM »

I’ve also found utrogestan affects my sleep. First night had the most vicious nightmare and I don’t remember last time I had a nightmare. I must try and take it earlier too. I found when it shoved it too far up I got cramps etc so only put it up half way. Seems to stay in ok so far. With no cramps etc.
I wish they’d sort out licensing for these combinations. I’m sure if it was for men it would be sorted by now. I would have liked to stay on the Evorel conti but just with a 25mg extra oes patch/gel.
Hey ho....will see how it all goes.

PippaSM

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2021, 04:05:30 PM »

I’ve also found utrogestan affects my sleep. First night had the most vicious nightmare and I don’t remember last time I had a nightmare. I must try and take it earlier too. I found when it shoved it too far up I got cramps etc so only put it up half way. Seems to stay in ok so far. With no cramps etc.
I wish they’d sort out licensing for these combinations. I’m sure if it was for men it would be sorted by now. I would have liked to stay on the Evorel conti but just with a 25mg extra oes patch/gel.
Hey ho....will see how it all goes.

Hi Jasmin,
Glad I'm not the only one but also sorry that it affects you in the same way. I've also found cramps and bloating worse, taking it vaginally, so I did a bit of an experiment and switched back to taking it orally, but in the mornings, and although the first couple of days were bad, again, it's settled down a lot now, with just a bit of irritability, which is interesting.
My sleep is definitely better and no cramping or bloating. My mood was still quite affected the first few days but maybe if I know that's the pattern to expect, I can deal with it better???
My GP did say to get it as high up there as I could, so my body absorbs it properly. If you're still having the bleed, though, then I'm sure it's fine.
So much of this is finding what works for us, as individuals. I'm still early days so hopeful I'll get there in the end, but it's frustrating when you hope it will solve everything and it turns out to just make things worse!
Best of luck trying it in the mornings, it's definitely helped me.
X