Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estrogen after Hysterectomy  (Read 770 times)

Nina123

Estrogen after Hysterectomy
« on: April 18, 2021, 02:44:15 PM »

Hi Ladies I have a question, I have undergone a full hysterectomy everything gone including both ovaries. I am 58 and never been on HRT as up to this point I was in late menopause and still having infrequent periods. Hardly had any real  meno symptoms other than hard to fall asleep at night and some irritability. My question is do any ladies know if I should look at replacing estrogen even at my age of 58 or is it best to wait and see how it goes? Does anyone know how soon any symptoms will start since my hysterectomy? My biggest fear is getting vaginal atrophy which sounds so painful and debilitating. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, and I know all you ladies have awealth of knowledge which is why I’d rather ask ladies who have actually experienced this stuff!!! Thanks XXX😘😘😘

Cazikins

Re: Estrogen after Hysterectomy
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 11:49:44 PM »

Hi Nina, I'm just catching up on us ladies who had problems a few months ago & spotted that you had to have a hysterectomy. So sorry you had complications with your polyp etc.  :foryou:

I can't really answer any of your questions sadly - but hope some of the other ladies may be able to help you.

Just wanted to drop by & give you a  :hug:  :hug:

Cazikins xx

Deeble

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 10:11:36 AM »

Hi Nina
Like Cazikins and yourself I also had issues in January and sorry you had complications. I  don't have an answer to your question but sending best wishes to you. Hope someone will be along soon that does know.
I stopped the low dose systemic femoston conti tab hrt after my hysteroscopy in January but continue to use vagifem twice weekly. Beginning to feel I need this more often.  Not that this answers your query, but sending best wishes anyway!
D x

Iris67

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 11:36:49 AM »

As someone who left it all far too late...I would start on the local vaginal oestrogen. It does not create systemic effects and is such a low dose should not cause any problems. A rare thing in modern medicine - high positive impact and very low side effects!