Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Should I ask to change Femoston 2/10 to transdermal HRT?  (Read 851 times)

Hello101

Should I ask to change Femoston 2/10 to transdermal HRT?
« on: April 24, 2021, 02:55:13 PM »

I’ve been on Femoston 2/10 (plus testosterone gel) since I was 43 so 4 years. I think I get on ok with it but I have brain fog fairly often and the occasional joint pain. Never had a hot flush. I wanted to ask if it might be worth asking my GP about a switch to transdermal HRT as every podcast I listen to and most articles I read about HRT suggests body identical transdermal HRT is safest and most effective. I wonder if a switch might help brain fog. What do you think?

sheila99

Re: Should I ask to change Femoston 2/10 to transdermal HRT?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 03:18:11 PM »

As you say transdermal is safer so I prefer it for that reason. There are some people who don't absorb well but you can always revert back if you find you don't get on with it. Have you found other symptoms returning? If so you may be better with a higher dose but do bear in mind both brain fog and joint pain can have other causes. I think I'm on the optimal oestrogen dose for me but my brain still isn't what it used to be, though far better than it was before hrt.

Hello101

Re: Should I ask to change Femoston 2/10 to transdermal HRT?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 03:44:47 PM »

Thanks. I don’t really have any more menopausal symptoms. I started HRT at 43 purely because I skipped some periods and felt a little flat so my GP checked my hormone levels and found I was peri menopausal.