Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hot and red neck and face  (Read 1554 times)

shrosphirelass

Hot and red neck and face
« on: March 29, 2021, 07:43:08 PM »

I have't often experienced hot flushes but increasingly my neck and lower face suddently get very hot. It feel a bit like I'm blushing. My face and neck have patches of redness, which look very unsightly. It is particularly bad after eating and at times of stress. DOes this sound like a hot flash? Anyone experienced similar?

Hurdity

Re: Hot and red neck and face
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 05:35:24 PM »

Yes just like that, back in the day when I had hot flushes before hRT. When I looked in the mirror my whole face and neck were flushed red. I agree it's unsightly although ideally it's something people should know about and accept ( ie others). This especially is what stimulated me to start HRT in the first place in my early/mid 50's as I was working in a busy office in a team with quite a few (younger) men and aside from the discomfort I was  just totally embarrassed and also to keep flinging cardigans on and off!

You have my sympathies there! Sorry I haven't been on here for a while and I can't remember you story and whether you're taking hRT or where in menopause you are - but HRT stopped this in its tracks!

Hurdity x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 06:41:23 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, I'm 59 next week and I believe only just going through the menopause. I was having regular periods when I went on HRT nearly 3 years ago. I went on it for hormonal headaches and stomach issues which are all now farly well controlled. I am on evorel conti. Do you think my new symptoms mean that my estrogen levels are not high enough, but as I say my headaches are much much better? I completely empathise about the cardigan tossing, that is me every evening!

Debs165

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 03:37:49 PM »

My face has been red and flushed and feeling very warm to touch for the last few days, it looks like i am constantly blushing.  Also aches and pains everywhere

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 04:28:06 PM »

Hi again shropshirelass - it's difficult to say. If you went onto Evorel conti when you had regular periods you would have had breakthrough bleeding. If you didn't get any at all ever and yout periods were dead regualr when you went onto HRT then that is surprising (and lucky!). Normally if you start HRT when you have regular (natural) periods then you wouild be given sequential HRT that allows for a bleed and will take into account your own natural ovulation.

Anyway - wherever you are now -  it could mean your natural oestrogen levels have now dropped (possibly indicating you are approx 2 years or so post-menopause because oestrogen levels drop off for 2-3 years following last period/ovulation, and therefore you are experiencing the flushes.

These can also have other causes besides menopause but maybe look to tweaking your HRT first? Tricky because there is no higher dose combi patch....

Debs - typically menopausal! Have you thought of HRT if it's bothering you?

Hurdity x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 06:40:09 PM »

Sorry I wasn't clear Hurdity. When I started HRT I went on evorel sequi and had regular withdrawal bleeds. Because of troublesome headaches I switched to a conti regime, as I was then 58, but was warned about the possibilities of breakthrough bleeding depending on where I was in the menopause. I have had bleeding off and on all the time I have been on this regime (and had two scans that showed a lining of 5mm and a fibroid that they weren't concerned with). I have had lots of flooding recently, leading to anemia. I wondered if this was my hormones having a final fling or something more sinister. It also coincides with the hot flashes. Interesting that it could be an indicator I have reached / passed menopause. I didn't realise flushes occured at menopause / post menopause. Ive got a scan the week after next to check the bleeding out.