Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Cyst on ovary ?  (Read 1143 times)

lillith112

Cyst on ovary ?
« on: April 23, 2021, 05:52:29 AM »

I've had 3 separate episodes of spotting, one lasting 9 days, 5 days and 1 day over the last few months, happens every other month, GP sent me for a scan and they found a 4cm cyst,  she asked if I was in pain on right side which I haven't been, but have had 2 bad episodes of pain from diverticulitis, but slightly different area, so in hind sight it may of been the cyst.

She said the spotting I get won't be from the cyst which I found odd ?

She also said I had a follicle on the left, so does that mean that I'm still ovulating, or trying to as I'm on hrt?

I have to go back in 5 weeks to be re-scanned to check if cyst is shrinking.  :-\

Lillith.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 05:55:29 AM by lillith112 »

lillith112

Re: Cyst on ovary ?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 09:35:16 AM »

No replies, I guess nobody has any experience of cysts on ovaries  :'(

lillith112

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 08:11:50 PM »

Thanks for your reply Belle, that's interesting that you were also spotting with cysts, when I googled them it says they can cause spotting so I'm not sure who is right.  :-\

Lillith.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 08:08:21 AM by lillith112 »

Lyncola

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 08:57:18 AM »

Cysts on ovaries is a problem for me. Started 19 years ago and I was about 26 years old, had bad stabbing pains in my stomach. My doctor at the time wasn’t concerned, then I had mid cycle bleeding for two days. That got her attention, sent off for a ultrasound, where it was discovered I had 4 cysts. Two where small, one was the size of a tennis ball and one was larger than a tennis ball.

Sent to a gynaecologist, they were going to operate in three months but I had to do a blood test before I left the hospital. I was operated on within one month. I knew because I was moved forward that something was wrong. My blood count was in the low hundreds and one of my cysts had attached itself to me. Painful operation, and was discovered I had endometriosis as well.

Fast forward 15 years and I got the stabbing pains again. So off to the doctor and they decided to operate again. But the operation was abandoned when they saw endometriosis.
Sent to another hospital and a year later had the cyst removed,  endometriosis removed  and hysterectomy.

I just had another scan the other day because my ovaries still play up. The previous scan was 6 months ago, two have gotten a bit bigger and one looked like it had blood in it. My doctor wants to wait and see, and I have to have another ultrasound in 6 months. I’ve had 20  internal ultrasound in the last 4 years.

I already told my husband if I have to have another operation on my ovaries I want them out.
So to answer your question, yes spotting the first time, but the pain wasn’t as often, but bad when I did have them .
Second time no spotting but two year of pain in my ovaries nearly everyday. I don’t think the endometriosis helped.

It’s great your seeing your doctor, keep up with the scans.

Iris67

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 10:58:20 AM »

An additional perspective...could be useful - I had two transvag unltrasounds 3 years apart and had cysts on my left ovary. One was very small at 9mm and the other was 1.7cm. Although both small the interesting thing was that they both resolved and disappeared by the second scan. Completely. I also had 2 areas which turned out to be fibroids and both got smaller. If you discover any 'abnormal' results (arguably normal body fluctuations) it's worth a watch and wait approach. I don't have an axe to grind here but I was led to believe that these things wouldn't resolve on their own.

lillith112

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 07:34:59 AM »

Thanks for your replies ladies. My spotting seems to have stopped now so I'm hoping the cyst has disappeared. Scan is this month 26th I think.

Lillith.