Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti - bleeding after 7 weeks night seats returned also  (Read 983 times)

jd0072

• First Flush

Hi Started on the patches about 7 weeks ago.  Was fine then last Sunday changed my patch later in the day than usual then I had a period for a week which then stopped but then started again 4 days later.  (Not had a period in one a year) Also last 3 or 4 nights I'm back to awful night sweats again.  Should I try cutting the patch in 1/2?   I think I have more energy and am sleeping better (before the sweats but my mood is still very up and down and still quite teary.  Rea;;y not enjoying bleeding again.  Any advice much appreciated.  Thanks
 :)

Hurdity

Re: Evorel conti - bleeding after 7 weeks night seats returned also
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 04:53:25 PM »

Hi jd0072

:welcomemm:

A certain amount of bleeding is expected during the first 6 months of taking conti HRT. If you had no natural period for at least 12 months then you are classed as post-menopausal but depending on your age you could have a late ovulation still. If you cut the patch in half then it is even less likely to control your symptoms ie night sweats. The bleeding should eventually settle and if it doesn't then you should consult your doctor.

Ideally you should give the HRT 3 months to settle but really the sweats and flushes should be the first to disappear. If they persist then it may well be that you are not absorbing from the patch very well and/or you need a different method or higher dose.

I hope it all resolves andf you feel better and stop bleeding! Let us know how it goes...

Hurdity x