Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: My first Withdrawal bleed in 8 months  (Read 668 times)

LadyCC

My first Withdrawal bleed in 8 months
« on: April 20, 2021, 02:40:42 PM »

Hi all

So, I have been working with an integrated practitioner and I have explained on a couple of other more recent posts things have been mostly miss in regards to balancing my hormones during perimenopause.  My main contentions are:-

Continual cramping to more or less degree
Inability to get a handle on weight despite strict eating plan.

My practitioner and I have been tweaking for months now.  The most recent tweak was at Easter when she advised that I take the Utrogestan vaginally and revert back to half a pump of oestrogel.  I think she wanted to try and get me back to basics as much as possible where she told me her approach is always to start people on the Utrogestan and then add the oestrogen in after.   Well this seemed to go some way to improving some of the other symptoms and even the cramping halved and sometimes receeded right to the background and didnt pose such discomfort.  So I was slightly disppointed when I noticed the tell tale twinges become more prominent.  I never once attributed it to having a period as I was preparing for a few months when I could officially say that I am menopausal although I am only currently in my mid 40s.

So with the tweaking, this means that I have had 5.5 weeks taking Utrogestan continually before this withdrawl bleed (all based on practitioners tweaking approach).  Considering I now take this vaginally is it safe to assume that I would use these 3 days as my pause and then resume the Utrogestan on Friday as day 1/25?

I have tried to contact practitioner but no response as yet - wondered if anyone else had experienced this.