Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Constipation and Bleeding  (Read 2238 times)

Lizzylastic

• First Flush
Constipation and Bleeding
« on: April 17, 2021, 07:55:03 AM »

Hi ladies. I would dearly like some advice please. I’m 5 years post period and 52. I’ve been on and off hrt for a few years but started back on hrt 9 weeks ago as aches and flushes were getting me down. Was put on 100 Utrogestan continuous and 0.5mg sandrena. Started to get cramps and constipation around 4 weeks in. I was given Laxido to help with the constipation and around that time I also started bleeding very pink blood, not much and it mostly stops mid morning. I’m 9 weeks on hrt when the bleeding started. Doctors says wait until I’m 12 weeks if I’m still bleeding to get back in contact. Do you think I should ask for an examination? Should I stop taking the hrt? My constipation has now turned very loose 😞. Thanks in advance.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Constipation and Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 08:16:03 AM »

Bowels!  We have several threads about that here.

:welcomemm:  hormones can certainly affect bowel action.  As a teen I would always have slow transit in the week prior to a period.  Which then caused bloating.  As I aged and after I was sterilised, 10 mins. B4 a bleed, I would have to dash to the loo - where ever I was! - even if a period wasn't due, one would appear  :-\.  This went on for several years, so I wasn't able to plan too far ahead. 

It was regular 4 me so I didn't worry, as I kept a diary.  Some find keeping a mood/food/symptom record helpful.  Sometimes HRT does take a few months for the body to settle. 

Browse round.  Hopefully someone on HRT will be along with further suggestions.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 10:48:04 AM »

Hi Lizzylastic. You are on a continuous HRT and this can cause breakthrough bleeding, spotting or some women even get constant bleeding (me!) for the first six months so, in my opinion, this is normal. This info is from the menu at the top of the page under "treatments" "hormonal preparations" https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php

I'm not sure about the constipation - sorry.

You will get lots of advice and help on here  :)

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Lizzylastic

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 06:35:48 AM »

Thank you for your replies 😀

menopausalalways

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 11:51:42 AM »

Thank you for your replies 😀

Hello - I am on Everol Conti and have mild breakthrough bleeding which apparently is the norm. I also am getting constipation - feeling like a need a poo and nothing happens. I've found a glass of prune juice goes some way to helping but not always!
This menolark is a ruddy nightmare innit! I am now getting itchy red facial skin which is a nightmare..............
We women deserve a MEDAL!

applejack

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 12:34:11 PM »

I'm on utrogestan and occasionally go through really annoying bouts of constipation.

As for itchy facial skin - GAH!  Tell me about it!

CherrySG

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 03:13:27 PM »

I had to stop taking Utrogestan because of the constipation. Never suffered from it beforehand.

Floo36

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 04:34:05 PM »

low estrogen causes my constipation.