Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Fed up with frequent bleeds on utrogestan  (Read 846 times)

violetbat

Fed up with frequent bleeds on utrogestan
« on: April 18, 2021, 07:26:02 AM »

I have been on the gel/ utrogestan combo for a year and a half.
I take the utro vaginally as I have fewer side effects.
For the past few cycles I have started bleeding on about day 7 of the utro and have then counted this as the first day of my cycle. Then starting the utro again 14 days later. This means I am basically bleeding every 20 days. I don’t know if it is my own cycle breaking through or whether the utro is causing it. But I am really fed up with this.
I feel like delaying the utro next month for a week or two just to see what happens.

So is it ok to not count the first day of bleeding and just go by the actual calendar dates and work the tablets on a 28 day cycle.?
 So I ignore the bleed and then start the utro again 14 days after when I should have bled?
Thanks.
Am I making any sense? :-\

sheila99

Re: Fed up with frequent bleeds on utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 09:12:31 AM »

You can do this but when my cycle got out of step with the hrt one I ended up with 2 bleeds in a month. It isn't unusual for your own cycle to naturally get either shorter or longer in peri. It's the withdrawal of progesterone that triggers the bleed so it's likely the short cycle is due to what your body's doing. I find my own cycle is always stronger than the hrt one. Before I was on hrt the 6vweek cycle I'd had all my adult life changed to 4 weeks for 3 months before getting longer again. You could try skipping utro entirely for one month and see what happens.

violetbat

Re: Fed up with frequent bleeds on utrogestan
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 10:24:03 AM »

Thank you so much for the advice.
With mine I only ever have the one bleed. After finishing the utro  don’t then bleed again- thank heavens.
I will skip it completely next month and see if I am still on a less than 3 week cycle.
If I am bleeding all by myself does that mean I still need artificial progesterone?