Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help - Worrying!  (Read 1196 times)

wuzzie

Help - Worrying!
« on: April 17, 2021, 10:24:11 AM »

I wonder whether anyone can help.  I do have an appointment with dr on Tuesday.  In the last 3 or 4 weeks I’ve experienced a lot of bloating, lower back discomfort and mild IBS bowel issues.  I’m post meno and on Estrogel and Utrogestan (first 10 days) .  About 15 years ago (62 now) I had an op to remove a fibroid and treat endometriosis.  I’ve tried all the usual things and it hasn’t shifted.  I’m feeling pretty well and eating ok, no other symptoms.  I’m getting more and more worried about what might be going on........of course the dreaded ovarian cancer is at the back of my mind.  Or could it be a flare up on endometriosis caused by HRT...?   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help - Worrying!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 10:27:14 AM »

It could be the latter.  It could be HRT .   MayB make a list of your worries B4 your appt.., then let us know?  Hormones can certainly affect bowel action. 

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 10:38:46 AM »

Hi wuzzie. I'm sorry that you have this worry and it's easy to escalate what's probably an IBS issue into something much more sinister but its good that you have a doctors appointment next week to discuss your fears.

HRT does cause endometriosis to grow so this could well be the cause. It's never certain that all endo has been removed as it tends to lurk in all sorts of places. Also, HRT can cause fibroids to grow too. Have you got any of the other ovarian cancer signs such as needing to wee more often, lack of appetite and feeling full early on in a meal?

Taz x  :hug:

wuzzie

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 11:27:47 AM »

None of those symptoms.....I think what’s worrying me is the bloating doesn’t go away.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 02:08:27 PM »

Think back a few years, did you have any similar bloating during your menstruating years?

Ms Peak

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 03:25:48 PM »

Hello Wuzzie.
The doctor can do a CA125 blood test to rule out anything Ovarian related so it can help put you at ease.
Peppermint is a good one fir reducing wind/gas... If you have IBS could all be linked with increased gas.
Sending hugs
Ms Peaks

wuzzie

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 03:39:42 PM »

It’s such a long time ago I struggle to remember.  I did have it when I had my fibroid and endometriosis I ‘think’ but that was 15 years ago and it’s amazing how much you forget.  I feel perhaps I have another fibroid or endometriosis.....that would be the preferable option other than IBS of course.  I’m concerned the HRT may have set something off.