Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT, bleeding and possible late menopause  (Read 693 times)

shrosphirelass

HRT, bleeding and possible late menopause
« on: April 15, 2021, 07:37:07 PM »

I am just 59 and went on HRT at age 56 still having regular periods. I changed to evorel conti last February and it has been good aside from the bleeding, which has been on and off (mainly spotting) during this tme. Ive been making a note and it does seem like it could possibily be cyclic but Im not sure as its not absoultely regular, but then my periods were always irregular. I have now been bleeding for 18 days, first very light and then the last few days like a light period. Alongside this I have been feeling rubbish, keep having hot flashes which are new to me and been feeling down and have stomach cramps (Like period ones) and stomach issues too. My question is could this be hormonal and my body having a final fling? I know it could also be something more worrying and have a scan booked for two weeks as they are monitoring me because of my previous bleeding issues and 5mm lining, so I am getting checked out. I feel like I did when I was premenstrual with the added bonus of hot flashes! The gynaecologists wont entertain the idea that I may not have gone through the menopause at my age.

sheila99

Re: HRT, bleeding and possible late menopause
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 10:00:11 PM »

Yes it can be hormonal but it's good you're having a scan to rule out another problem. Some women are early 60s before they're menopausal. I was mostly regular when I went on hrt at 57, have had one bleed aged 60 and feels like another one brewing. If you're getting hot flushes you may benefit from increasing oestrogen.