Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Scan, please help  (Read 1437 times)

lillith112

Scan, please help
« on: April 14, 2021, 03:07:52 PM »

I've had 3 episodes of random bleeds mid cycle and week later, well spotting, one lasting 9 days. Dr has referred me for a scan, but my utrogestan ends tomorrow and I will be day 2 of period during the scan 😕. How on earth will they be able to measure my uterine lining if I am shedding it ?.

Lillith

Limpy

Re: Scan, please help
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 04:21:55 PM »

Might be an idea to ring the scan department, describe the situation and ask for their advice. They may suggest rescheduling.

lillith112

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 06:43:12 PM »

Hi Strongkat, I already did, but the young lady didn't really sound like she knew much about it, just said it should be fine. She said it would be a long wait to fit me back in so said to still go. I also said I wasn't happy if they do an internal as my period is very heavy !

Lillith.

Elizabeta

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 06:58:18 PM »

I would go along. I'm sure they have dealt with this before. Embarrassing I'm sure, but your health is more important. The worst that would happen is they send you away. I had a scan yesterday. Nurses were lovely. I'm no expert, but I can't see what difference the period would make to the scan - other than your discomfort?

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 07:03:58 PM »

Internal scans can still be done during a bleed. The medical staff are very used to dealing with this. I've had two during particularly heavy bleeds and there was no embarrassment at all once I got there.

Taz x

lillith112

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 08:35:19 PM »

Thanks ladies, I just thought that they would need to measure the uterine lining mid cycle as that's when its at it's thickest ?. On your period apparently it's at it's thinnest ?

Lillith.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 09:01:46 PM »

It's not just the thickness they are looking for but any changes in the endometrium to rule out fibroids or other problems. They will be looking for a uniform depth rather than thick or thin patches. That's what the sonographer told me when I had mine so it will still be worth doing I reckon. How long have you been on this regime?

Taz x

lillith112

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 08:08:59 AM »

Thanks Tax, that makes sense, I've been on sequential regime for well over a year was spotting 9 days in January, ok in February,  then 2 lots spotting in March.

Lillith.