Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 30 years on  (Read 1023 times)

Mossie

• First Flush
30 years on
« on: April 14, 2021, 12:58:44 PM »

Hi, I had a total hysterectomy 30 years ago. I was aged 30. I only had an implant for 12 months post surgery because they put it in whilst having surgery. Nothing used since.
I having been having blood on underwear and urine. No infection or cancer. Dr said because of menopause but why after 30 years????? Would anyone be able to explain it for me. Thanks

Whatsupwiththis

Re: 30 years on
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 01:15:44 PM »

Welcome mossie...have you researched Vaginal Atrophy?  Many of us on this site have been dx'ed with this and unfortunately this nasty chronic condition causes a variety of issues including bleeding, incontinence, bladder issues, etc.  The good news is there are a variety of local treatment available that addresses VA.  This *might* be the issue.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 02:14:03 PM »

Like the lady said before me,sounds like VA,this happened to me too,15 years post hysterectomy,then blood,nearly had a meltdown,I'm now on vagifem and it's done the trick

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 07:28:09 PM »

You had a hysterectomy so where would you be bleeding from?  :-\. Has your GP/Practice Nurse examined you?

What type of blood is this?  Panty liner or more?  When you wipe?  It is probably vaginal atrophy which your GP should have considered as you have had a hysterectomy!  Keep a mood/food/symptom diary to discuss with your practice nurse, ask for appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment ASAP.  Dryness can cause light blood loss as the tissues are so thin.  Or is there a polyp?