Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utrogestan  (Read 2473 times)

Lizzieb60

Re: Utrogestan
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2021, 08:25:56 PM »

Sammiejane I can’t say that I have noticed any shedding and I’m pretty sure I would have. Not sure I’ve heard of this as a side effect.

CherryC

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2021, 12:50:37 PM »

Hi lizzieb60
Could I ask how much Oestrogel you are using? Do you get any side effects at all with the Utrogestan vaginally alternative nights?
I would very much agree with your 'if it aint broke don't fix it' - I recently switched hrt and now reverted back and it's taking a long time to re-settle! Mainly mood swings which I wasn't getting before, so feel I haven't found the right balance again yet!
Thank you xx

Lizzieb60

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2021, 09:32:33 PM »

Hi CherryC. I don’t actually think I have any side effects with Utro used vaginally. Due to no gall bladder I take as little as I can get away with orally, medication wise to keep any digestion issues at bay. I use between two to three pumps of oestrogel daily.  When I have lessened this dose for a few days; just to test the water as I have been on it a long time, I get incredibly ‘flat’ so I do think I have the balance more or less correct. I have never discussed with my GP as to how I use the Utro as I don’t want to put her in the position of having to refuse to prescribe. My last hysteroscopy seemed to indicate all was well.

CherryC

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 07:54:35 AM »

Hi Lizzie60, thank you, that's good to hear! As I mentioned, I have reverted back to gel and utrogestan vaginally continuous every night (which I had previously been on for well over a year with no side effects), but after a few months on Evorel Conti which didn't work out, I have reverted back.  For some reason I am now getting mood swings/pmt (definitely hormonal) and I can't understand why.  It's 2 months since I stopped the Evorel Conti and reverted back so would have thought I should have re-settled by now.  Don't suppose there could still be some of the Evorel Conti still swilling around in my body, surely must have gone by now?
Maybe it's just going to take longer - I feel it's the Utrogestan so may try every other night (will check with consultant) and get regular scans.
Great that you found a routine to suit you so well!

Lizzieb60

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2021, 09:52:41 PM »

I would be interested to know wha your consultant says about alternate nights.  I have never been given dosage instructions from either my current GP or previous one. In fact I originally had to advise my GP that she was actually able to prescribe oestrogel. She checked it out in her little book and she took the dosage info from a printout I had taken from the internet. Possibly MM.

CherryC

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2021, 06:45:44 AM »

Lizzie60 - my appointment with the consultant (telephone) was meant to be tomorrow but has now been cancelled by her and changed to later in May! Will try and remember to report back on the every other night question.
Pages: 1 [2]