Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Terrified about going thru menopause!  (Read 2668 times)

starburst

Re: Terrified about going thru menopause!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2021, 09:59:28 PM »

I feel better just having people to talk to about it!
Hearing all that for the first time put the fear of God into me! :(
Knowing what might come up, for me, is a good thing, so i can do what i can do to avoid or treat issues, but no one ever tells you about these things!

A friend of mine had a hysterectomy a few year back, (and almost died from pooling of blood inside her that went septic :( ) and I knew it was a big deal then with the op etc, but I had no idea at all, that she would then have to face a whole host of ongoing things!

One lady on the surgery group said she used Well springs serenity cream, and that it was great, which started my googling for what I might be able to use in the future, but I still have no idea of where to start.
SO far its just the wonky periods and feeling more leaky than usual despite regular kegel 8 use but I don't have any other symptoms yet.

So when do you know when you should start replacing estrogen so you don't dry up and become inelastic all over, as it sounds as if you wait until it becomes a problem, its harder to come back from?

What do other people do?
I'm not sure i like the sound of a "natural menopause".
I tend to avoid meds and intervention in every other area of my life, but with this, if it can help me feel more like myself for longer, I want the pills!  ;D

@Kathleen - I found that book by Jane in another search, so i might read that just to be forearmed!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Terrified about going thru menopause!
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2021, 08:06:51 AM »

It's natural.  Most of us don't have any ideas about atrophy, aches and pains etc.; most of us know about "the change" but not what it entails  ::)

A good balanced diet, regular exercise and 'me' time.  Be aware of changes, perhaps keep a mood/food/symptom diary?  I kept a diary for years as I had to avoid making plans at certain times of the month. 

One doesn't need to use any particular products until 1 has symptoms which 1 may never suffer with. 
Pages: 1 [2]