Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: estrogel and hair shedding  (Read 744 times)

Sammiejane

estrogel and hair shedding
« on: April 11, 2021, 12:41:39 AM »

hi ladies

it’s been a while since i’ve been on here mainly because i have been feeling great on my regime that is intill a month ago and the hair shedding remains .

recent bloods revealed that my estrogen level has plunged down to only 174 from 369 pmol even though prior to this it was 1200 something when i first initiated to 2.5 pumps however was told to reduce to 2 pumps but didn’t control symptoms so increased back up to 2.5 pumps daily p and testosterone 4 times a week was doing great but have now piled on weight moods altered highs n lows and hair shedding improved slightly (i think due to low estrogen ) and sleep rubbish so i’m clearly not a good obsorber of this gel and have had bad hair shedding have any of you ladies suffered and changed to patch and it stopped . i’ve decided to take a plunge and change to everol 75 patch but am doing ok but having flushes my bum cheek feels numb and headaches i don’t think it’s working as well with the utro so thinking of stopping this i’ve had hysterectomy so not needed and testosterone i’ve been told to reduce to twice weekly !

any advice welcome in going to stay on it to 8-9 week mark as that’s my hair cycle to notice the change but cause of how i feel i’m tempted to go back to the gel or cut out progesterone but don’t want the hair shedding any more i’ve lost loads x

thank u

Floo36

Re: estrogel and hair shedding
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 09:27:32 AM »

Hi, if you are peri menopause bloods will lead you to believe that you are getting it from HRT when in fact it’s your own hormones fluctuating especially if you have symptoms of low Estrogen. 

I am losing a lot of hair due to low Estrogen.

If the gel worked for you then stick with it.