Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Blood test results- advice appreciated  (Read 954 times)

Cally

Blood test results- advice appreciated
« on: April 10, 2021, 01:04:39 PM »

Hi there
I recently had my levels tested on day 12 and day 21. I am on 2 pumps Estrogel in am and 2 pumps in pm every day and 100 mg Utrogestan on days 15-28. However, there are times when I feel the hot flashes, dryness come back. I feel flat mood a lot of the time and I only ever seem to be myself- happy and energetic around mid cycle when I think my own estrogen kicks in a little and maybe boosts things. 

I am struggling with the Utrogestan part. I have tried taking it orally, vaginally and even opened the capsule to rub on my arm.  I get adverse effects from all ways.  I feel tired, suicidally depressed. I have had depersonalisation on it and the last two months I have needed to stop it after seven days due to severe depression and not able to get out of bed and function.  I also get acne at this time.  I feel much better now having stopped it.  I think I will try every other day next month. 

I have also had quite severe shedding of hair and breaking of hair around face where it is thin and bitty.  I have hypothyroidism but my hair had grown back lovely after being treated with t3.  Am I right in thinking that my progesterone is too high and that could be causing my symptoms? I also cannot sleep and am quite awake at night during the Utrogestan part.

My results are:   

Day 12:  Estradiol. 240 pmol/L

Day 21:  Estradiol  408 pmol/L
              Progesterone 158 nmol/L

I don’t understand why estrogen is higher on day 21 than day 12 as I was taking the same amount. 2 pumps twice daily. 

Thanks if you have any advice. :)

sheila99

Re: Blood test results- advice appreciated
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 01:35:25 PM »

It's difficult in peri because your own hormones have such peaks and troughs and for this reason blood levels aren't always helpful. Presumably this is what caused your results. I think you're still deficient in oestrogen as you're still getting meno symptoms. Utrogeston doesn't suit everyone. I get fatigue on it but was fine on evorel conti patches (until I developed an allergic reaction to the glue). IIWY I'd try a different form of progesterone.

Cally

Re: Blood test results- advice appreciated
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 08:19:00 PM »

Thank you 😊