Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ultrasound reveals fibroids and thicker womb lining  (Read 854 times)

Elizabeta

Ultrasound reveals fibroids and thicker womb lining
« on: April 14, 2021, 06:54:09 PM »

Hello all. Hope you can help. Due to a bleed I was referred for an ultrasound. It showed my womb lining was 6.6(mm?) thick and that I have a fibroid. I've never had any issues with said fibroid and so unsure when it appeared. The nurse.who did.my scan said it all looked good otherwise and lining only slightly thicker than upper.limit so I might get a follow up. Today a.doctor from my surgery has called.and put the wind up me by saying an urgent referral has been put in for gynecologist appointment. I'm grateful, but anxious obviously.
The doctor - not my usual - advised me to stop taking HRT immediately. I take Oestradiol and Utrogestran. I asked if I should stop both and he said yes.
My question is this - should I stop the progesterone? Surely I should keep taking that to help thin the lining? Anyway, obviously he's the doctor, but I just wanted other's experiences. I applied a pump of gel this morning and wondered if I should at very least take a progesterone pill tonight to balance it?

Taz2

Re: Ultrasound reveals fibroids and thicker womb lining
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 09:08:51 PM »

Hi Elizabeta. I'm not an expert on this but it's the stopping of progesterone which induces a bleed usually so maybe that's why you have been asked to stop both.

I know it's easy for me to say don't worry but it could be that you have been flagged up as "urgent" due purely to the guidelines that anything over 5cm needs an urgent referral to double-check that all is ok. I'm not sure how old you are but this is another factor which puts on the fast track system.

Hope you soon get this sorted.

Taz x  :hug:

Elizabeta

Re: Ultrasound reveals fibroids and thicker womb lining
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 09:13:24 PM »

Thank you.❤️