Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Early Bleeding  (Read 1426 times)

Mogster71

Early Bleeding
« on: April 08, 2021, 04:55:24 PM »

Sigh
Sorry ladies, after being so quiet I now have another question please.

I started on Evorel Sequi mid February after about 9 months on Femoston 2/10. (we are trialling to see if I can a) tolerate norethisterone and b) whether patches cause less headaches).

The first month I was quite nauseous but it did seem to reduce the headaches. In the progesterone phase it aggravated my bowels  :-\  My pack change day is Thursday so I was expecting like with Femoston to have a period a couple of days after I'd changed, but it started on the Tuesday before. I put this down to settling into a new regime.

Month 2, a bit less nausea, but the minute I switched to the progesterone part a week ago today, I had a headache again, which lasted on and off for 4 days.

This afternoon I can feel my tummy is upset, but just had a bit of pinkness on the loo paper (sorry tmi) and I have a period pain! This is a week before I should be starting.

Has anyone experienced this themselves when changing regimes or is it an Evorel thing? I spoke to doc Tuesday (before the early signs) and he's keen for me to continue for the full 3 months. I just wanted to know whether it's normal or if I should report back to him with this new thing.

I hope that @Sheila99 is around to see this as I know she talks about HRT with your own cycle timings. Because I've been on HRT on and off for 2 years I have no idea where I am in the journey!
Thanks so much for reading, hoping you can put my mind at ease x

Mogster71

Re: Early Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 05:55:48 AM »

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom for me please...feeling anxious this morning as I've been awake half the night with strong period pains and now proper period  :'(

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 06:55:05 AM »

I think it can take a few months to settle down when changing from one to another. Did you start the Evorel after finishing a whole cycle of femoston? Maybe the patches aren't sticking quite as well as they should? This would affect absorption of the hormones.

Taz x

Mogster71

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 07:27:28 AM »

Hi Taz

Thank you so  much for replying, yes that's right I went straight from Femoston 2/10 to the Evorel Sequi at the end of a pack so no delays. I never had any breakthrough bleeding at all with Femoston so this is all new territory for me!

I did ask the doctor whether my symptoms were due to poor absorption but he didn't seem to think so. I just wasn't sure if early bleeding was due to me having had too little/too much oestrogen. I'm beginning to wish I'd left well alone as it seems to be adding in more problems than were there in the first place :(

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 07:34:25 AM »

It's good you've asked your GP so if you can I'd give it another month for your body to adapt to the new HRT and then see how it is. Have you messaged sheila99 if she's had similar problems?

Taz x  :hug:

Mogster71

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 07:52:07 AM »

Hi Taz2

No...I'm not really familiar with the messaging side of the forum and didn't want to impose  :-\
I just knew I'd seen her mention on various threads about how she knew when it was her own period or an HRT one.

The doctor's suggestion was that we tried for the whole 3 months to see if month 3 gives anything different...better or worse I suppose. I was a bit upset at the time he told me as the thought of another month feeling miserable if I didn't need to wasn't what I wanted to hear but I know it's a sensible approach. The headaches were bad enough but one of the bonuses of HRT on sequential has been knowing exactly when my period would arrive, and now in Evorel it's like Russian roulette with the underwear drawer!

I've got to laugh or I'll be  >:( or  :'(

Thanks again xx