Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Absence of vaginal discharge for 4 months.  (Read 1034 times)

Becr

Absence of vaginal discharge for 4 months.
« on: April 07, 2021, 04:51:15 PM »

Hello All, I was on HRT for a year and a half but never got on with it for sustained periods. I was on the lowest dose of Oestrogen, now looking back probably too low. I feel much better now I am off HRT (this seems to suit me) and have started to lose the weight I gained around my middle. One thing I have noticed is that ever since stopping I have had no discharge what so ever. Is this normal? No period either although I had been nearly a year without a period before HRT but the doctor thought I was too young to be close to menopause, I am 48.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Absence of vaginal discharge for 4 months.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 07:30:59 PM »

Evening.  I wish GPs would realise that no girl is 'too young' to have menopause  >:(

Glad that you feel better, your body has adjusted well?  When was your last monthly bleed, we can consider ourselves menopausal after 12 months free, although hormones can play games and drop another period in ......... then 1 starts counting again.

Do read our 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads.  Menopause is of course natural but sometimes symptoms can be overwhelming.  Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary?