Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: No bleed after utrogestan?  (Read 1259 times)

Beaniehat

No bleed after utrogestan?
« on: April 04, 2021, 06:46:37 AM »

Hi everyone I started hrt (gel and utrogestan) on a sequential regime just over 4 weeks ago.

I took utrogestan vaginally as I seem to be very sensitive to it, 100mg for 12 days.

I stopped that 5 days ago but no bleed? I was getting periods prior to starting hrt - does this mean estrogen is still too low? I’m on 2 pumps. I’m 45.

Thanks

lillith112

Re: No bleed after utrogestan?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 06:23:07 PM »

Could well be lack of estrogen, I had monthly bleeds on patches, but had to switch to gel for 3 months And never had a bleed, I didn't absorb it at all and all my symptoms came back. Bleeds started again after I went back on patches, you might be similar to me and not absorb the gel. I'm on Estraderm patches and utro sequentially. 

Lillith.

Sparkler

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 06:54:50 AM »

Hi Beaniehat

Give it a bit more time. It might settle over the next few months.

I am on evorel 50 patches and 200mg utrogestan 12 days a month.

Some months I get nothing after taking the Utro, more usually I get spotting on day 8 or 9 of the Utro and occasionally I get a ‘proper’ period. I was worried after about a year of this and was sent for ultrasound and then hysteroscopy. All was clear and the gynae said I could continue and should only worry if it changed to something else - as this normal for me.

Sometimes my body just doesn’t need to bleed. Other times my own hormones do their thing and I do need to bleed. This is unusual I think, but I feel fine on the hrt regime I am on so don’t really want to change it.

I posted so many times about this at the start of my hrt - it is worrying and so difficult to know what is ok and what is not. That’s why this forum is so great!

Sparkler

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 08:50:55 AM »

You should only increase oestrogen if you still have symptoms after 3 months on this dose, not because of lack of a bleed. It might be that your own cycle is out of step with the hrt one, I find my own cycle is always stronger than the hrt one so you may find you bleed during the next month. Missing one bleed won't do you any harm.

Beaniehat

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 11:05:03 AM »

Thanks everyone.

I’ve not really had much relief from symptoms (well apart from getting no period at all!) so far. If anything my anxiety is worse and my sleep seems more disrupted.

I really struggled with the utrogestan and ended up having to take it chuffing, 100mg for 10 days. It made me bloated, sore breasts and really low mood.