Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Combined HRT and Period - a silly question  (Read 766 times)

Vellela

• First Flush
Combined HRT and Period - a silly question
« on: April 01, 2021, 09:41:05 PM »

Hello

So I’ve been prescribed a combined patch/prometrium regime, I’m 52 and still getting a period. Fingers crossed it does the trick. There is one question I am struggling to get an answer to from Drs. I feel like perhaps I’m asking a silly question and perhaps I’m a bit of a dill   ;D

My question is - on combined treatment I get a withdrawal bleed, but will this continue whilst I’m on the treatment or will at some stage my periods stop as part of my natural menopause. On this treatment how do I know if I ever get to the other side?

V.

tammiegurl

Re: Combined HRT and Period - a silly question
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 06:58:12 AM »

I'm 52 and my periods had actually stopped for 9months but I was having shocking menopause symptoms so went on HRT and was put on Femoston 1/10 combination. I had a "bleed" for the 3.5/4months I have been on it but my last one was very light. I'm in Australia and treatment here for me is because I had not gone "12 months" without a period I have to go on combined for 12months then I can go onto singular. Hope this helps

shrosphirelass

Re: Combined HRT and Period - a silly question
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 03:50:00 PM »

I started HRT aged 56 and was still having periods so was put on sequi. Due to headaches I asked to go on a continuous regime age 58 and was advised if I wasn't yet menopausal I would get breakthrough bleeding.  The conti regime suits me but I have had quite a lot of bleeding since Ive been on it which may be my natural cycle or may be for some other reason. There is no way of knowing if you have gone through the menopause whilst using HRT.  It's really frustrating not knowing.