Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi - anyone changed from this to Femseven or Femoston?  (Read 806 times)

Jasmine20

I'm nearly at the end of my second month of Evorel Sequi and the pelvic pain it has triggered isn't getting much better.

I mentioned this to my GP who had concerns about its cause so I removed my patch and did not replace it for 4-5 hours. The pelvic discomfort started to disappear within the first hour.

I know the progestogen in this patch can cause problems and the progestogen in Femseven is perhaps slightly less harsh for some? I wanted to stick to a transdermal option and unfortunately Utrogestan caused me a lot of side effects.  :-\ I also wanted to stay on a sequi regime but I know Femseven is only available as conti at the moment. (I don't want to try the Mirena coil because of the kerfuffle in getting it removed if it doesn't suit me).

So I'm wondering if Femoston is the answer as the progestogen in that is meant to be the kindest. I went onto systemic HRT as my VA was not properly controlled by localised estrogen treatment. Does Femoston help with VA? I've heard some women need to supplement with a bit of Estrogel to get their estradiol levels up.

Thanks in advance.

Mogster71

Re: Evorel Sequi - anyone changed from this to Femseven or Femoston?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 04:42:59 AM »

Hi there

Femoston definitely helped with my VA....I've actually done the opposite to you, moved from Femoston 2/10 to Evorel Sequi because i wanted to try a patch to see if it reduced my headaches that had started to creep back a bit more.

Originally went from Femoston 1/10 which I had to supplement with Vagifem, to 2/10 - Vagifem no longer needed.

In the same place as you with the Mirena, it feels like a big step if you aren't sure, and a big old hoo hah if you don't get on with it and need it gone!

When I first went to my new GP about trying a patch he wanted to recommend the Femseven sequi because it was the same progesterone in the pill (Microgynon) that I took for years in my 20s without issue. Historically I have reacted to norethisterone, although I do tolerate it better via patch than I did the first lot of tablets I took. Femoston honestly made me feel great and I am seriously considering going back to that regime and putting up with the headaches because until I can try Femseven, it seems to be the best I have tried.