Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Va mainly affecting labia?  (Read 574 times)

Sparkle

• First Flush
Va mainly affecting labia?
« on: March 17, 2024, 08:02:00 AM »

Hi all,
Please can I ask your advice, I think this may be VA but I don’t see it talked about so not sure if I’m just weird 😬
I’m 52, post meno & currently on a 25 mg estroderm patch, very low dose due to histamine issues. I’m slowly trying to increase but will have to go very slow.
In the last few weeks I’ve suddenly found sitting & wearing jeans uncomfortable/ painful. I’ve had a look down there and it seems that I’ve lost the plumpness & fullness of my outer labia and now when I’m sitting it’s really uncomfortable. It feels like it’s empty and not cushioned like it used to be and the labia look a bit wrinkly.
I’m not really having any other symptoms apart from the odd bladder twinge maybe once a week.
The gp has given me some vagirux pessaries that I’ve just started using but it’s used internally so I’m not sure if this is going to help the outside area.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions please.

Joaniepat

Re: Va mainly affecting labia?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 08:55:45 AM »

Hi Sparkle, your symptoms sound like classic VA, that's how mine started. I would give the Vagirux a chance, and discuss adding in an estriol cream for external use with your GP if things don't improve. That should help plump things up again. In the meantime, you need an emollient (eg, Epaderm or Hydromol ointment) applied on the labia to ease soreness and discomfort. You can also use these products to wash the area.
JP x

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 10:07:25 AM »

Joaniepat is spot on with her advice. I have to use an oestrogen cream to use on the outside along with a daily pessary. You will only need a little amount of the cream to be effective, one small tube can last me 3 to 4 months.
The pessaries tend to be very hard and slow to dissolve, hence the need for that little bit of extra help from the cream.

Sparkle

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 12:36:21 PM »

Thank you both for your advice.
I couldn’t understand why my symptoms seem to affect me more on the outside than on the inside if you know what I mean.
I’ll give the vagirux a couple of weeks to see if it helps, (hopefully won’t take too long as sitting for 5 hours at work is becoming very uncomfortable) if not, then I’ll speak to the gp about adding some oestrogen cream too.
I’ve already got some ‘yes’ moisturizer for the outside too, just to moisten everything up a bit.
Wow, I’m really stumped that this can happen so quickly and we’re not really prepared for it at all, at least I wasn’t.😕

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2024, 12:53:20 PM »

Not many of us are prepared  :-\.  If atrophy causes problems when sitting U can buy support cushions with a hole in the middle from suppliers, if any1 asks at work you tell them that you have a painful cocxxc.  [sp].  I had to sit on a cushion for 3 months after I broke mine.

Sparkle

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2024, 08:26:35 PM »

Thanks CLKD, good idea,
I’m praying it won’t get that bad 🤞🏻, as if the hot flushes aren’t enough to cope with, now this 🙄

Jules

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2024, 10:10:46 PM »

I also have that and the vagifem or similar I was using it didnt stop it so I started using ovestin externaly and nightly and it helped. Im doubting I will ever return to how I was a year ago but it's certainly helped to plump up. I think the progress I was making has slowed down, Im wondering it its since I had to reduce my vagifem but cant see why. I would ask your doctor if its okay to have some estrogen cream for the outside