Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anyone got any tips for getting rid of stubborn menopausal fat?  (Read 1535 times)

menopausalalways

I've got a pad of hard to shift menopause fat round my belly navel area - anyone got any tips to shift it? Not sure sit ups actually help now..........

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anyone got any tips for getting rid of stubborn menopausal fat?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 11:44:03 AM »

About 8 years ago my apron dropped due to gradual lack of oestrogen: which is the elasticity for the body.   Hence belly fat, double chin, bags under the eyes ....... bat wings ......

I didn't gain weight.  When laying down in the bath I'm fine.  Looking downwards when standing up and I see a belly bulge  >:( but it doesn't wobble too badly.  It gets a little bigger as the day goes by.

Postmeno3

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 12:07:12 PM »

Wonder how "carby" you may be? I think we metabolise carbohydrates less/differently as we get older. This is the area it tends to settle in, sadly. Also, it's an area where stress can manifest due to hormones being produced in the adrenal glands instead of the ovaries menopausally. Stress seeks carbs and round it goes. I'm trying very hard to watch "bad" carb intake as we need the good ones, but, oh, those hot cross buns.....

menopausalalways

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 12:09:16 PM »

About 8 years ago my apron dropped due to gradual lack of oestrogen: which is the elasticity for the body.   Hence belly fat, double chin, bags under the eyes ....... bat wings ......

I didn't gain weight.  When laying down in the bath I'm fine.  Looking downwards when standing up and I see a belly bulge  >:( but it doesn't wobble too badly.  It gets a little bigger as the day goes by.

Yep got all of those....oh Infinite JOY!!! it just seems harder fat round navel area -when I lose a bit of fat then it looks like my throat could be a salt cellar.........................

menopausalalways

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 12:12:24 PM »

Wonder how "carby" you may be? I think we metabolise carbohydrates less/differently as we get older. This is the area it tends to settle in, sadly. Also, it's an area where stress can manifest due to hormones being produced in the adrenal glands instead of the ovaries menopausally. Stress seeks carbs and round it goes. I'm trying very hard to watch "bad" carb intake as we need the good ones, but, oh, those hot cross buns.....

Hmmm - there are some fab hot cross buns available now - I'm just NOT going shopping!!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 02:30:57 PM »

Hot X buns are really disappointing, honestly: however much butter your slather on them  ;D

Postmeno3

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 02:38:31 PM »

Ah, let  me enlighten you from the "research" I have been conducting!  ;D To me, they mostly seem like teacakes this year, drier and with much less fruit, BUT the M&S Plant Kitchen ones are to die for! Go get!!!!
🤪
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 02:43:33 PM by Postmeno3 »

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 04:42:32 PM »

If you find the answer do let me know (or bottle it and make your fortune  ;)). Never had a problem with weight all my life until now  >:(. It does go with a strict diet but I don't want to spend my life on a diet.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2021, 05:50:30 PM »

The answer to your question is 'nope'  ::)