Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Continuous Utrogestan and Migraine  (Read 3836 times)

Babibell

Re: Continuous Utrogestan and Migraine
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2021, 06:12:55 PM »

Hi simmy

I am in the exact same boat as you ive tried it all now, every other day. 14 days in a row and this month tried 7 in a row, by day 6 had migraine so stopped it and 2 days later had a withdrawal migraine and now I’m bleeding super heavy, clots etc (I have fibroids) and got an almighty aura migraine! I just dunno what to try.. maybe every other day for 2 weeks so total 7? I weaned off from 2 gel pumps  to one as the gel was definitely giving me horrific migraines now and then (being sick almost going to A&E kinds)
That has reduced severity but if I come off hrt altogether I’m worried my bleeds will continue to get worse, I had a womb scan she said these days you just ignore fibroids!!
One thing I not tried is a 6 weekly routine.. can anyone help?

Mary G

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2021, 07:34:34 PM »

Babibell, I'm sorry to hear about your debilitating migraines, they sound severe.

Where are you in the menopause?

Am I right in assuming you have migraines both with and without aura?  This would indicate problems with both oestrogen and progesterone and it could be that you are using too much of both and/or have a hormone imbalance.

I wonder if you might be better with a Mirena coil if you have fibroids and heavy bleeds?   I found that my migraines were linked to heavy bleeding as well as genetic hormone instability.

I think you could benefit from a continuous combined regime and avoiding the seesawing hormones of a cycle.

Simmy, I have only just seen your post but I'm hoping you are doing well with progesterone every other day.

Babibell

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2021, 05:10:06 PM »

Hi Mary

Thanks for your reply, I’m 52 and seem to have been in peri 10 years!! I just never fancied a coil as I know lots of people had problems with it. I’m now trying one pump gel (but my anxiety has returned and 2 pumps kept it away :(...) and I’m going to try 7 utrogestans over 2 weeks, I think you so right both causing migraines! The oestrogen ones during period seem the most intense I think.
I’ve told most variations of this now and it’s gonna have to be a choice for me I think.. fear anxiety and crazy thoughts .. or migraines! Can’t win!
Pages: 1 [2]