Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Can you just stop Everol Conti?  (Read 1190 times)

menopausalalways

Can you just stop Everol Conti?
« on: March 26, 2021, 11:24:40 AM »

Can you just stop Everol Conti patches and revert back to using topical cream? I'm fed up with the breakthrough bleeding on them and I'm pretty sure I didn't get the same side effect on the creams?

GetStuffedPeri

Re: Can you just stop Everol Conti?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 11:43:43 AM »

Yes you can - just take the patch off!  How long have you been on them out of interest? (My wife has just stopped them after 7 months and switched to gel)

menopausalalways

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 12:06:47 PM »

Thanks for your reply - did she have a breakthrough bleed on them as well? Hope you dont mind me asking  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 01:35:24 PM »

I know it is difficult but you really do have to try them for at least 3 months and expect breakthrough bleeding for up to six months. What advice did your GP give you about stopping the creams and beginning the patches?

Taz x

menopausalalways

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 01:54:23 PM »

None - just suck it and see! I will have a break and see how I get on and will then resume the patches if I think I need them.I think its mainly the bleed that freaks me out - especially as I haven't had a period for donkey years!
Thanks for reading - much appreciated
X

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 02:14:46 PM »

Which creams were you on and how long had you been on them? I take it they didn't work? It's so hard finding the right one but three months trial is necessary. What symptoms were you hoping to get rid of?

Taz x  :hug:

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 02:44:46 PM »

Hi - yes she did - about a month after starting them - it lasted for a couple of hours and nothing since.  How long have you been taking them?  You really need to try and stick at it for 3 months if you can - they are wonderful for getting rid of flushes and night sweats (if you have them?)  :)

menopausalalways

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 03:56:09 PM »

Taz - main symptoms are anxiety, the odd hot flash,
lightheaded, slightly spaced feeling oh and not forgetting to mention - CONSTIPATION...........aaagh - apparently normal Menopause symptom!!!

menopausalalways

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2021, 03:57:50 PM »

Hi - yes she did - about a month after starting them - it lasted for a couple of hours and nothing since.  How long have you been taking them?  You really need to try and stick at it for 3 months if you can - they are wonderful for getting rid of flushes and night sweats (if you have them?)  :)
I've only stuck 3 on! Its the bleeding which spaced me out oh the feeling I dont feel any better............