Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Positive experiences of Evorel Sequi?  (Read 27303 times)

pineappletop

Positive experiences of Evorel Sequi?
« on: March 25, 2021, 12:36:05 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm 44 and have been diagnosed as perimenopausal. My main symptoms have been night sweats, abdominal bloating and mind fog.

For me, the mind fog is the worst - I used to feel so mentally sharp, now some days it's like my head is stuffed with cotton wool where my brain used to be! I struggle to maintain a train thought and forget things all the time.

I've been prescribed Evorel Sequi. I was initially pleased about this because my friend has been doing great on it. But after reading some posts here about negative effects I'm getting concerned. :-\

Anyway, I applied my first patch yesterday so I guess I'll just see how I go - how long should I expect it to take before feeling any effects?

Any tips on what to expect generally would be great too.

I've been reading that some women can't tolerate the conti patches - can anyone tell me what to look out for in relation to that please?

Also, if anyone has been doing well on Everol Sequi I'd LOVE to hear about that to put my mind at rest and avoid any "nocebo effect" now I've read all this scary stuff!

Thanks so much.  :)

shrosphirelass

Re: Positive experiences of Evorel Sequi?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 07:32:54 PM »

I started on half a patch of evorel sequi and gradually increased over 3 months. My reason for HRT was primarily hormonal headaches, but also stomach issues, nausea and dizziness. It worked well for the stomach issues. I have not had any problems with the progesterone and have now changed to evorel conti as I am now 58. Good luck. I did feel a bit better fairly quickly but it was when I had the whole patch it made more difference. Good luck with it.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 07:56:40 PM »

The vast majority of women are absolutely fine on it. You get a skewed view on this site because most people end up here because they have problems. The chances are you will be OK. Flushes should go in a couple of weeks, other symptoms take longer. My anxiety and insomnia took 3 months.

Cookie25

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 10:13:02 PM »

Hi Pineappletop  :-*

Good luck! Please keep me up to date on how you get on as I am due to start on half a patch after my next period which should be any day now! We can compare notes xxx

pineappletop

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »

I started on half a patch of evorel sequi and gradually increased over 3 months. My reason for HRT was primarily hormonal headaches, but also stomach issues, nausea and dizziness. It worked well for the stomach issues. I have not had any problems with the progesterone and have now changed to evorel conti as I am now 58. Good luck. I did feel a bit better fairly quickly but it was when I had the whole patch it made more difference. Good luck with it.

Thanks shropshirelass , great to hear that! My GP didn't say anything about starting with half patches so I've gone straight for the full. I've had it on for about 48 hours now and haven't noticed any ill effects so hopefully that's OK. How long where on the sequi for?

pineappletop

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 12:30:34 PM »

The vast majority of women are absolutely fine on it. You get a skewed view on this site because most people end up here because they have problems. The chances are you will be OK. Flushes should go in a couple of weeks, other symptoms take longer. My anxiety and insomnia took 3 months.

Yeah, I thought that would be the case. If everything's is fine I guess people don't feel the need to post, but it'd be good to see a bit more balance. (Note to self: If all goes well, remember to report back here!). Glad to hear it's working for you. If it can clear my mind fog I'm more than happy to wait 3 months, hoping to notice gradual improvements before then though. Thanks so much for replying. ❤

pineappletop

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 12:33:13 PM »

Good luck! Please keep me up to date on how you get on as I am due to start on half a patch after my next period which should be any day now! We can compare notes xxx

Thanks Cookie25, you too! I felt a bit weird when I first put it on, but I'm sure that was all mental thing because I was so nervous - 48 hours in now and I just feel normal. Will keep you posted. Hope it goes great for both of us! xx

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 03:26:51 PM »

Also getting to grips with Evorel Sequi patches. There are a couple of early positive comments (as well as lots of question from me!) on this thread. I'm also trying to remember to post positive points, as well as questions and symptoms.

In a nutshell, I'm on wk 5 of the patches, they're already helping me sleep a bit better, have stopped my night sweats and daytime hot flushes. If they can stop my mood swings and maybe improve my sleep a little bit more, I'll be absolutely over the moon.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,57469.msg816426.html#msg816426

shrosphirelass

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2021, 03:52:13 PM »

pineappletop, I was on evorel sequi for 18months. It wasn't the best for me as the fluctuations in hormones meant my headaches weren't controlled though other symptoms improved. I am now on a full conti regime and its been really positive. I'm an example of someone that a continuous diet of progesterone suits.

Fusseh

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2021, 09:58:05 AM »

Hi
I agree with Sheila about the skewed posts...It's only natural that women seek help when they have a problem.

I am 48 and I have been on Evorel sequi for 2 years now, mainly due to severe mood swings. Over that time I have kept a diary and mood/symptom tracker (Daylio and more recently Balance) so I have lots of data.

As I am Peri, my natural hormones still impact, so I still get ups and downs, but I feel more in control and feel ES is definitely helping. It is not an absolute cure though and this should not be expected. Other life factors also play a part, like seasonal changes and the odd pandemic!

I would recommend giving it 3 months, keep a diary and see how you feel then.

Good luck

Em21

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 07:10:42 PM »

Hi I was on this and it was fantastic.  Literally got rid of all my symptoms in a couple of weeks.  Felt great.  No hot flushes, palpitations, mood swings, anxiety, sleep went back to normal. 
Unfortunately I had a few episodes of aura migraine so they had to take me off it. I was so upset!! They have now lowered my oestrogen patch and put me on tablets for progesterone.
The sequi patches changed my life for those 6 months.
Good luck with it and I would recommend to anyone !!

Em21

• First Flush
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 07:15:53 PM »

Meant to say make sure you keep a dairy of which patch you on and feelings etc. 

Cookie25

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 08:46:51 PM »

Hi Lovely Ladies

I am going to start my patches tomorrow!
Can you tell me the best method if cutting a patch in half? Before I open the pack or after? In half diagonally or straight? Also is bedtime best or after my shower in the morning?
Thanks for all your advice xxxxx

pineappletop

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2021, 12:33:42 PM »

Thanks Shropshirelass, Em21, Cookie25 and Fusseh :-D

Just a quick update from me. I'm currently on the last oestrogen patch of my first pack and will apply my first progesterone patch tomorrow. Nothing much to report really, no noticeable changes so far. I feel like I might be a bit calmer, but that could be to do with the covid situation improving here in the UK, I think most of us are starting to feel a bit more relaxed right now!

Still getting night sweats, but maybe a slight improvement there... it's hard to say.

I very into fitness and I've found my workouts hard lately, but that could be to do with Easter chocolate and more wine.

Bit nervous about the progesterone. Will update with how I get on with that.

Hope everyone's doing well. x

Cookie25

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2021, 09:06:34 PM »

Hi Pineappletop

Thanks for the update. I seem to be a week behind you and likewise not noticing much difference yet. Be great to hear how your next week goes.
Xxxxx
Pages: [1] 2