Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Progesterone Cream  (Read 1052 times)

Unicorn

Progesterone Cream
« on: March 25, 2021, 11:07:28 AM »

Hi all! Hope you're not suffering too badly and are having a good day  ;D xx

Please can I ask a question? Has anyone used a progesterone cream bought from the net? My peri symptoms have been palpitations/racing heart, low mood and anxiety intermittently, flatness, tiredness, hot face/ears and just generally feeling fluey and 'unwell' (can't put my finger on it sometimes!) My periods are still pretty regular... I'm 47 xx

I tried Evorel Sequi patches last November/December time.  Initially, I thought they were helping.... the oestrogen patch didn't do much, but I think the progesterone patch helped a tiny bit.  Then 2 months in it all came roaring back and my mood plummeted.  Came off the patches then felt a bit better.  It scared me to death. I'm just so disapointed and upset it didn't work 🙁

I'm on Sertraline (small dose), magnesium, fish oil, vitamin D and Menopace.

Sorry this is long winded, but I was going to try some progesterone cream.  My female docs haven't really been helpful and said there is nothing else I could try as there is a shortage of other choices and because I have suffered with anxiety and depression in the past, it probably isn't perimenopause as the patches would have helped. 

About 3 years ago this peri started I think... before then I was really good for years xxx

Does anybody have any experience with progesterone cream etc?

Thank you xxx
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 11:27:02 AM by Unicorn »

Unicorn

Re: Progesterone Cream
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 01:59:19 PM »

Please can anyone advise?  :)xxx

racjen

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 05:39:50 PM »

I'm no expert but I think generally those progesterone creams you can buy online are reckoned to have so little progesterone in them they're not worth the money - I think you'd be much better off trying to pursue the prescription HRT further. Your GPs are talking rubbish - there are loads of other options you can try, different brands of combined patches and separate estrogen and progesterone. In fact it's quite unusual for someone to find something that works really well for them first time, many of us search for months or years before finding a solution. It's also not good enough to say that because you've suffered with depression and anxiety in the past that means it's not hormonal - it actually makes it more likely that you'll have mood problems as part of your menopause, and it's worth trying to find a solution, even if it's an anti-depressant and HRT combined.

Unicorn

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 10:41:41 PM »

Thank you Racjen! I will pursue it... I hope you're doing good xxxx