Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Nadia Sawalha on her HRT experience  (Read 2566 times)

Mamie

Nadia Sawalha on her HRT experience
« on: March 22, 2021, 07:40:44 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylpzCVypdfo
I watched the above video yesterday from the Sawalha Adderleys YouTube channel.  I found it very honest and informative and may be of help to those agonizing as to whether they should take HRT or not. 

She describes how she has felt the last 8 years since she went into menopause and how she has resisted HRT and was determined to try and deal with things naturally, being a lifelong supporter of alternative medicine which has worked well for her with other health issues.  She makes no bones about (for her) how HRT has changed her life. 

p.s Sorry, I should have said that she starts to speak about the menopause/hrt approximately 7minutes into the video.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:35:12 AM by Mamie »

lillith112

Re: Nadia Sawalha on her HRT experience
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 06:12:26 PM »

Thanks for the link, it was informative. I am  however confused as to which body identical HRT she is on as she mentions that its made from yams. I can't find any information about this that is available via the NHS. I know utrogestan is body identical for the progesterone, but can't find anything about body identical estrogen as I am interested in what Louise Newton prescribes to her patient's as they seem to improve near enough instantly.

Lillith.

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 06:25:41 PM »

Lillith evorel patches are made from yams and estradot is made from soy x

lillith112

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 09:30:47 PM »

Oh wow, thanks, I thought the patches were all synthetic ?. Do you know what Estraderm patches are made from ?, that's what I am on.

Lillith.

Perinowpost

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 02:19:02 PM »

No they’re not synthetic they’re about as natural as you can get. I’m not familiar with estraderm but I’m guessing they’ll be made from the same as the other patches x

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 04:20:35 PM »

Hello ladies.

It was interesting to hear her speak of the anxiety that accompanies the menopause and in response to a viewer she described the shaking sensation that is so familiar to some of us.

I have watched her YouTube channel and I didn't think she was having any particular problems but she said that there were plenty of moments that she didn't reveal on her channel!

Take care ladies.

K.

Grheliz1

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 05:27:14 PM »

Oestrogel is yams, too, I believe. As is Utrogestan, at least in part.

Good old yams.