Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Lymph node pain in groin and armpits  (Read 1872 times)

snakebite495

Lymph node pain in groin and armpits
« on: March 21, 2021, 09:24:10 AM »

I'm kinda new to posting but seriously worried :'( I've been suffering with pain in armpits, groin,neck and both elbows. Doctor checked for lumps but nothing. Bloods done and results were back last Tuesday. When rang for results they told me doc going to ring you next Wednesday.. such a long time to wait. Usually they may say low vit d but other wise ok. Any one else experience this as part of peri/Menopause. I am 52 no period since July last year and struggling with anxiety.
Many thanks in advance. X

sheila99

Re: Lymph node pain in groin and armpits
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 09:48:14 AM »

If nothing was found presumably they would tell you on the phone and not make an appointment. If it was something serious you'd hope they wouldn't wait til Wednesday. So I would think they've found something that isn't serious, perhaps you have a virus.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 09:56:26 AM »

Of course you are worried.  If there are no lymph glands palpable I wouldn't expect there to be anything seriously amiss.

It mayB that your GP is away - back next week?  You could ring and ask in the morning and explain that you are worried.

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 01:48:18 PM »

Our doctors dont tell you results over the phone anymore, the Receptioist said they weren't allowed.   I was anxious having to wait for results, but she did say if it was urgent they would have made an appointment straight away. Little comfort i know but she was right, it wasn't anything bad.

snakebite495

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 07:17:41 PM »

Many thanks for the responses. I will call in morning. I think I make it worse because it is on my mind all the time. 3 days to go until she rings. Seems like forever. Thanks guys!👏🏻

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 07:26:08 PM »

Of course it is a worry.  Pain is constant.  Have U taken pain relief?

snakebite495

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 06:37:55 AM »

It's been on going since July. I mostly try without pain killers but when it's especially uncomfortable I take a couple. It never takes it away but eases it slightly. Many thanks for the reply. I am seriously overwhelmed by the kindness on this site:)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 09:50:39 AM »

Let us know how you get on?