Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Surgical menopause at 34 Endo and Adeno Warrior  (Read 1258 times)

Hells3005

• First Flush
Surgical menopause at 34 Endo and Adeno Warrior
« on: March 22, 2021, 10:51:52 AM »

Hello,

My name is Helen snd I am 34 years old. Since March 2019 I have had 4 surgeries for endometriosis and adenomyosis. I had a total hysterectomy in July 2020 and had everything removed except for my left ovary (cervix and part of my vagina were also removed).

Since the hysterectomy, i continued to suffer with intense pain and have also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Two weeks ago i had my remaining ovary removed due to 3 endometrioma cysts growing and endo was also found on my appendix, vagina and ureter.

I was given the Evorel 50 HRT patch and started using them 2 days post of. I am now 14 days post op and expereincing surgical menopause symtoms. I don't feel myself and i am still in a lot of pain.

I would love to connect with anyone who is in a similar situation to me or has had a similar experience.

Thank you in advance.x

Deeble

Re: Surgical menopause at 34 Endo and Adeno Warrior
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 11:46:43 AM »

Hi Helen
Sorry no similar symptoms or knowledge; just a warm hello and I'm sure knowledgeable others will be along soon.
In the meantime sending you a big hug and hope pain eases soon. D x

Hells3005

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 12:29:49 PM »

Thank you for responding and your kind words Deeble :) .x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 12:49:48 PM »

Hi and welcome. So sorry you are having to deal with all of this. If you put endometriosis into the search box it will bring up posts mentioning it. I know there are others on her with endo and I think adeno too. My daughter in law has both so I know how debilitating it can be.

Are you using progesterone within your HRT as without it I'm sure you know that any endo left (and it's such a sneaky thing) will continue to grow. I hope you are being given good support from your medical team. HRT can take up to three months to fully settle down so you are still in the early stage.

You will find lots of friendship and support on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Hells3005

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 12:56:49 PM »

Hi Taz2,

Thank you for your reply. I haven't been given any progesterone and wasn't aware that i needed any. When i spoke to my gyne and GP they said i would only need the patch as i have no uterus.

I will definetly bring this up to them as i was worried after seeing several forums online stating that the patch may stimulate the growth of endo.

Thank you for your advice and support.x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 01:15:46 PM »

I'm so pleased that endo is being given more recognition now in the media and by the medical profession. Oestrogen causes endo to grow and, as you know, it doesn't show up on scans so more exploratory ops are the only way to know how it's behaving and each op can lead to scarring and adhesions. It's a very fine balance I think from keeping you fit and healthy by giving you back the oestrogen you need at your young age and keeping endo under control. Find out as much as you can about the best treatment. It seems to vary from health authority to health authority

I hope your pain soon eases.

Taz x