Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Painful Hips  (Read 5767 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Painful Hips
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2021, 07:47:58 AM »

:thankyou:

ariadne

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2021, 09:01:14 PM »

Have a look at Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome. I finally went to the doctor last year after suffering hip pain in my outer right hip. I was sure it wasn't arthritis because movement was ok. The pain was mainly at night at first and I couldn't lie on that side. Later, I found I was beginning to feel it during the day as well. The doctor suggested a steroid injection which I wasn't keen on. I decided to take more care of the way I sat on the sofa in the evening as I realised I always sat leaning on my right hip with my elbow on the arm of the sofa, putting pressure on my right hip.

It took a long while but I'm pleased to say the pain has gone now.

Ariadne xx

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 07:45:11 AM »

Morning Ariadne, are U and yours well?

About 10 years ago I woke with acute, deep pain in the L thigh, so painful that I was unable to shout!  It was due to leaning over cabinets at antique fairs, pulling muscles in the back region radiating into the thigh.  It took months 2 discover what was causing it!

ariadne

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 11:56:22 AM »

HI CLKD, yes we are all fine thank you. Hope you are both OK. I don't get on here much nowadays. We are both retired now and have been so busy with all those jobs we never had time for!

Ariadne xx

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 12:00:07 PM »

Yep.  We ignore those jobs and Get On doing what we love  ;D

Cocobra

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 02:52:21 PM »

Hello everyone,

I can give my own experience on groin pain: this was a few years ago when it was so painful that first thing in the morning I could barely walk although once I got going the muscles loosened up and the pain went. It turned out, once I was referred to a physio, that this is due to the weakness of my gluteal muscles (sitting in front of a computer all day long). She gave me targeted exercises to strengthen those, which I did religiously every day for about 15 minutes: it required self-discipline, but after about 3 months the pain went and since then I do pay attention to my gluteal muscles when I walk or do yoga and have not had any groin pain since. YouTube has plenty of gluteal-muscle strength so I definitely worth taking a look for them.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 03:07:36 PM »

:thankyou:
Pages: 1 [2]