Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: On Vagifem but getting symptoms back or is it cystitis  (Read 2115 times)

Fruitbat

• First Flush
On Vagifem but getting symptoms back or is it cystitis
« on: March 18, 2021, 07:03:50 PM »

I have been on Vagifem for over a year now.  In the last week I am getting all the same symptoms as I had before - needing to pee often, burning sensation and pain below my tummy.  I have been on Vagifem for well over a year now and it has been great.  I missed one dose and just waited to the next one.  Could missing this one dose have made my symptoms all reappear almost overnight.  Or is it an infection.  I am leaving a sample with doctor.  What I was wondering if its not an infection could Vagifem just stop working for some reason.  I am up every night the loo.  My night sweats started again after several months having none and these symptoms seemed to come at the same time.  If any one has had similar symptoms whilst on Vagifem perhaps you could advise what you did.  Thank you.

jaypo

Re: On Vagifem but getting symptoms back or is it cystitis
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 07:52:51 PM »

How often do you take it? I take mine every other day but you can take it daily,maybe ask your GP?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 09:11:13 AM »

Hi!  it could be that you are not using enough! some ladies require 'vagifem' nightly.  Make sure that your urine sample has gone to a lab to be tested, a dip stick shows nowt!

When symptoms niggle I take 2 Nurofen tablets 3 times a day for 2-3 days to relax that area.  I use 'ovestin' .  'vagifem' is a very small amount of active ingredient.  Get some up there now ;-) and take some pain relief.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 02:47:39 PM »

Agree with the other ladies.  I take Vagifem 5 days a week with estrogen cream externally.  Flare ups seem to be relatively common.  I would try and up the Vagifem.  You may need it daily or every other day to keep symptoms at bay.  My flare ups are mild compared to pre Vagifem days but if you are really in distress could be infection.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Fruitbat

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 07:40:22 PM »

Sorry I meant to reply to this sooner, just seem to be meeting myself these days.  The sample came back clear that I left with my Doctor.  I rang her after that and she said to increase my Vagifem, which someone did advise.  Still take it twice a week but up the dose to 2 instead of the one.  I didn't do this!!!  I left it as it was, but used the cream that she gave me for the vaginal area (exterior), after each toilet visit and she also gave me a steroid cream for that area to be used at night for the next month or so and to drink 2 litres per day, which I am also doing.  Having done all this I now realise that the dryness in the vaginal area seems to then somehow affect the bladder.  I think I wasn't drinking enough fluids around the time my sweats had started again and that was dehydrating me even more.  Anyway I am 100 percent now so I was able to get there without the extra Vagifem.  Thanks ladies for taking the time to reply to me.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 07:34:42 AM »

However: twice a week may not be enough.  It really can be Trial and Error which is oh so tiring  :-\

Do you have a check up appt. with the GP?  At least the sample was clear which means you can treat the vaginal trophy and not over load the body with un-necessary antibiotics. 

The dry vagina will affect the bladder and mimics infection-type symptoms really, really well.   >:(. Do read the appropriate threads here, make notes  ;)

Suzi Q

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 10:43:53 AM »

Thats me exactly after 11 years all my symptoms have returned
Hugsvx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 11:02:22 AM »

HI! Suzi - get that treatment back up there  ;)