Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How are you doing with FemSeven conti if restarted using them?  (Read 1464 times)

Julia Dizzy

How are you doing with FemSeven conti if restarted using them?
« on: February 12, 2021, 02:31:07 PM »

Hi,
Just an update on my experience so far with the new patches at week 2.
The 1st patch left a red ring all round my hip, still there after taking it off 5 days ago despite using Arnica cream.
The 2nd patch is in a different place on my other hip/buttock and that appears to be a little pink underneath too.

I feel more hypertensive with palpitations, pink spots on cheeks and my BP is higher, also shaky and tired.

Hot flushes have not come back but my body feels warmer even in these cold temperatures.
Hmmm is this just coincidence? Nothing else has changed for me, still have anxiety but nothing new there- but feels worse ???

How have you got on with them, love to hear any other opinions?? I was previously using Estradot 50 patch and Utrogestan 100mg orally daily and am age 63 and thought totally transdermal would be better for me?

Tinacros

Re: How are you doing with FemSeven conti if restarted using them?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 08:50:28 PM »

Hi
I’ve been on them for two weeks. Mine kept falling off but managed to keep them in place with tegaderm. I feel a little more tired, and boobs feel bigger. No marks on skin as yet. Hopefully they’ll do the job for me 🤞

Tinacros

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 07:26:07 PM »

Just an update. I don’t feel great on the femseven conti. Awful clotty bleeding, headaches, moody and sweats. Feel like I’m back to peri even though I’m post meno.  My GP will be rolling their eyes if I ring and asked to be changed again!! I’ll give it a while longer though. I don’t think the continuous progesterone suits me x

Evie606

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 12:06:29 PM »

Hi there,

Just started today, will keep you posted.

Hope everyone is doing a bit better?

E x

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 12:13:04 PM »

Evie 606

Let us know how they stick ?? I will be using them soon.

Wx

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 01:52:57 PM »

Hi, they stuck fine with me but have had to stop them after two weeks, as the red rings they made on my skin have still not gone away after 19 days.
I have filled in a yellow card report and contacted my GP with pictures.

So back to the Estradot and Utro for me!
Hope you get on ok with them? x

warwick01

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 04:28:15 PM »

JD

Thanks for reporting back..... hope you feel better on new regime

Wx

Evie606

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 05:30:21 PM »

Hi All,

Just an update now i'm on day 10 with Femseven Conti.

The good news is, so far so good and i'm on day 10!  8)
Breasts are swollen although now just tender rather than sore which lasted a week.
Only had headache for the first 2 days, now fine.
No spotting

They do not stick as well as Evorel Conti but i'm going to try different areas to find the best one.  I get to around day 4 and it starts to peel but if i smooth it down whenever i remember, it does stay on.

How's everyone else getting on?

E x

jasmine5

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 09:59:27 AM »

I’ve been back on Femseven Conti for a week.  As others have said they don’t stick as well as Evorel and after a bath they seem to curl up at the edges, also skin underneath patch seems a little itchy but no redness.  No headaches reported but feeling a little emotional and a bit teary and a little more tired than normal.  Boobs feel swollen and really tender.  I’ve had some leg and groin pains but this could be due to starting a new exercise routine rather than the patches, I’m not sure but I’ll wait and see. 

warwick01

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 11:44:43 AM »

Hi

On second patch. I went in hot tub Sat and Sunday and stayed put. Defiantly  an improvement with regards sticking with this batch. Early days yet. I have been waking with groin pain which as just started last few days.
I'm not as emotional as with everel conti.

Really hoping these are the solution for me. Will keep you updated

2cats

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 02:14:25 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have recently moved on to Femseven Conti 50 (week 5) and wondered if I can stick them on my abdomen area like other patches? At the moment I’m sticking them on my bottom and hips but I’m going to run out of areas soon! I try not to go back to the same area very often due to itchy skin and redness. Also, are thighs another place they can be stuck?
I’ve noticed that by day 5, the patch is only half stuck on and I either hope tight clothing will stick it back down again or I give in and start a fresh patch.
I’m not sure 50s are strong enough either but have to give it the 3 months trial..... I’m 52 and started early perimenopause around 37 and have no idea if I’m through the menopause or not!
Any thoughts or suggestions will be gratefully received.

warwick01

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 02:20:58 PM »

Hi 2cats

You can stick patch any where below waist band. I stick mine above hip bone alternating each week. Sticking ok even after being in Hot tub.When you apply hold down with palm for 2 minutes.....

Have you experienced any side effects??

Wx

2cats

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 05:06:44 PM »

Hi 2cats

You can stick patch any where below waist band. I stick mine above hip bone alternating each week. Sticking ok even after being in Hot tub.When you apply hold down with palm for 2 minutes.....

Have you experienced any side effects??

Wx
Hi Warwick01,
I’ve been holding palm against new patch for 30 seconds so maybe I’ll hold on for 2 minutes to see if they stay stuck for a whole week!
I don’t think I’m having side effects but it’s hard to tell as I feel like many of my old symptoms are flaring up since Christmas: anxiety, sadness, crying. None of these have gone since starting the patches but it’s only week 5. Surprised that the progesterone part hasn’t caused anger etc.... always felt like I was super sensitive to it!