Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Everol Conti - How to use?? Full or half patch??  (Read 2087 times)

menopausalalways

Everol Conti - How to use?? Full or half patch??
« on: March 14, 2021, 03:33:44 PM »

I've been prescribed Everol Conti as I am 64 and haven't had a bleed for approx 4.5 years,
I've read that I could have a bleed, so to get my poor old body used to them should I cut them in half to begin with or should I just gung-ho and stick one on my Ass to minimise any side effects??

Taz2

Re: Everol Conti - How to use?? Full or half patch??
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 04:03:10 PM »

I'd try the whole patch first and see how it goes. Takes up to three months before you know whether it suits you and breakthrough bleeding may happen during the first six months.

Hope you soon feel the benefits.  :)

Taz x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 06:24:37 PM »

I started on evorel sequi at 1ge 56 and still having periods. I was advised to start with half a patch to minimise side effects which I did. I did need the whole patch and increased gradually over a three month period. I think most women start with a whole one straight away, it depends on the nature of symptoms but you can always take it off it gets too bad! I have now changed to evorel conti and it works really well for me though I have had some issues with bleeding. Good luck.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 07:27:33 PM »

I would start on half. You've been a few years without any oestrogen at all and I believe in these circumstances it's better to start on a low dose.

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 10:57:20 PM »

I've been prescribed Everol Conti as I am 64 and haven't had a bleed for approx 4.5 years,
I've read that I could have a bleed, so to get my poor old body used to them should I cut them in half to begin with or should I just gung-ho and stick one on my Ass to minimise any side effects??
  I started it at 56 and was advised to begin with half patches. I moved to full ones after about 2 months.

Mintea

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 02:50:55 PM »

I was advised to start on half a patch and had no bleeding. I was 6 years post menopausal. After a few months I went up to 3/4 of a patch and then full.patch.  Before Evorel Conti I tried Utrogestin and Oestrogel and bled really heavily for weeks.  No bleeding at all with Evorel Conti.

menopausalalways

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 10:54:50 AM »

Thanks - I have stuck the other half of the patch on this morning ::)

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 08:25:24 PM »

Have you decided to go for full patch then rather than start on a half patch?

Let us know how it goes.

Taz x  :)

menopausalalways

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 11:44:40 AM »

I stuck one half on my bum with the other half flapping around - I took the backing off yesterday from the flapping bit so know I have a crumpled full patch on a similarly crumpled bum cheek! Just seem a little spaced out and light headed and of course the ever present constipation:O)
How do you get the blasted patch off without taking a layer of skin off  ???

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 04:47:56 PM »

You just peel it from around one edge. Are you going to use a full patch when you change it?

Taz x

sheila99

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 05:16:55 PM »

I had the opposite problem, the blasted things rarely stuck on for 3 days.