Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on Sequential HRT after not having had a bleed for 18months  (Read 1090 times)

sunlightmama

Hello,
I'm on Oestrogen patch and Utrogestan for 12 days a month. I've been on patches and tablets for about 18months, before that I was on the sequential tablets (where I had a withdrawal bleed) since being on patches I didn't get a withdrawal bleed and the doctor said this was fine. Last month I had a light period style bleed at the end of the progesterone and I'm on day 8/12 progesterone and having a light bleed now. I felt alarmingly ratty like PMT the last two day and have slight period cramps. I upped the dosage of Oestrogen about 5 months ago.

Do I need to speak with the doctor about this? Could it be a sign of endometrial cancer? Anyone else had similar experience.

Thanks ladies.

Dotty

Re: Bleeding on Sequential HRT after not having had a bleed for 18months
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 05:24:47 PM »

Hi if you are taking the Utrogestan for 12 days a month, on a sequential basis, then you will get a monthly bleed. It is designed to do that.

If you are post menopause, then you take the Utrogestan every day. This is the no bleed method . X

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 05:41:49 PM »

If it feels like a period it's probably just that. Normally any bleeding after a year should be investigated but on sequi hrt you should have a bleed and I think I'd be more worried that you haven't. If it was me I'd see the gp and maybe ask for a scan just to check things.
I'm late peri now 4 pumps gel, 200mg x 12 days utro and bleed approx half the cycles. If I bleed any less than this I'll arrange a scan myself if the gp won't.

sunlightmama

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 10:58:24 AM »

Thanks ladies. I asked the GP about the lack of bleed when I moved to patches and he was quite normal for some women not to experience a bleed at all. But I will definitely get it checked out.