Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Honest opinions required please  (Read 2758 times)

Harmony

Re: Honest opinions required please
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2021, 10:22:33 PM »

I happened to see a video on YouTube today, that said low levels of vitamin d are a very common cause of UTIs. A daily dosage of 1000-2000iu is safe and effective, though you should take vitamin K2 with it to prevent calcification of joints and arteries, and kidney stones. I find I feel very depressed when I don't take vitamin d, so highly recommend it for that, it might help you too. I take turmeric too, which is also good for depression, as it's a strong anti inflammatory. Inflammation is implicated in depression. I take a 10,000mg supplement. I buy mine from, and recommend Nature's Best (online only), which are pure and guarantee that the levels on the label are in the product. Many supplements don't. They have a very helpful advice service, which you can phone or email. D-mannose is supposed to be very good at preventing UTIs too.

I haven't read the other replies, but expect someone has mentioned that vaginal atrophy is a common cause of bladder problems during menopause. Apparently locally applied oestrogen creams etc are very effective at treating this. I hope you find something soon that stop you from getting them, they're so painful and debilitating, and can make you feel very unwell.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 10:36:00 PM by Harmony »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Honest opinions required please
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 08:42:18 AM »

DH does a lot of Indian curries which has garlic, ginger and turmeric in the recipe.  The problem with the latter is it stains  >:(::)

It is such a personal choice.  However, ABs should not be given out if there isn't an infection present: many bacteria are now resistant and there is a delay in getting new treatments into the markets  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]