Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anyone occasionally experience very 'slow' but light periods?  (Read 1582 times)

violetbat

Hi
I am using oestrogel( 2 pumps) and 12 days of utrogestan. It's mostly ok.
This month I started to bleed a few days before I finished the tabs which is normal BUT the bleed this month has just been brown discharge, like you might get right at the start or end of a period, very light and is going on longer than usual- like it's just really slow. There's no bright red blood even after 4 days.
I am assuming this is one the joys of peri?
Would like to know that i am not alone though :-\

tammiegurl

Re: Anyone occasionally experience very 'slow' but light periods?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 08:12:58 PM »

Yep its all part off the process! I would be super heavy for 3 days then looong and slow as I got further into menopause my period extended and I'd have the light brown for weeks ( got to the stage where I constantly had the light brown)  Even now 3months on HRT I still get the light brown.

violetbat

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 08:12:29 AM »

Yep its all part off the process! I would be super heavy for 3 days then looong and slow as I got further into menopause my period extended and I'd have the light brown for weeks ( got to the stage where I constantly had the light brown)  Even now 3months on HRT I still get the light
brown.

Thankyou!
I am used to 3 day periods. This one is now literally dribbling on since Monday.
Why does it take so long to come out?
I am guessing the brown is oxidised blood because it’s taking such a flipping long time to exit the building  :-\ :-\

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 09:16:20 AM »

If you normally bleed before the end of utro I would start taking it sooner. Your own cycle will override the hrt one so it's best to alter the hrt cycle to sync with your own. Don't worry about what you have now, it's normal.

violetbat

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 11:48:12 AM »

If you normally bleed before the end of utro I would start taking it sooner. Your own cycle will override the hrt one so it's best to alter the hrt cycle to sync with your own. Don't worry about what you have now, it's normal.
Thanks sheila and thanks for the reassurance- I am trying to do that. Luckily (or unluckily) I know as soon as my own progesterone starts to rise and that's when I start the utro. This past month I forgot one night and that of course induced an early 'bleed' if you can call it that.