Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Periods increasing heavier  (Read 1038 times)

Battyboo

Periods increasing heavier
« on: March 11, 2021, 06:40:35 PM »

Hi
I posted a few days ago about not having a period for nearly a year.
I've noticed that it's getting increasing heavier not the other way around, any thoughts anyone? Is this normal

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Periods increasing heavier
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 06:55:41 PM »

Probably, especially if periods are further apart = a build up to be shed. Do U keep a mood/symptom/food diary to chart progress?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 07:21:02 PM »

You probably still have lining to shed. How heavy is it now? Are you using the heaviest protection? What about pain too? Ibuprofen contains an ingredient which can help slow menstrual bleeding. Sorry lots of questions  ;D

Taz x

kazy68

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 09:20:05 PM »

I feel I'm going through the same, my last period was sep 26tg to oct 17th, nothing then until jan 14th and its still on going, some days barely anything, other days ( today being one of them )  very heavy with a few small clots too, ( sorry tmi ), keep saying time to call Dr's then it slows to barely anything again, had scans last year for the same thing and all was fine,  not sure what to do , feeling tired a lot, not sure if tat is from covid vacation I had on the 6th or maybe lacking in iron, probably a stupid question,  but  is there anything that I can do to stop it or should I just keep plodding on.

Karen

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 09:28:29 AM »

No questions or concerns are stupid/silly on here!

Any worries should be discussed with your medical practitioner.  There is a drug which can ease heavy bleeds. 

Taz has good advice.