Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Going from tablet to patch  (Read 1087 times)

tammiegurl

Going from tablet to patch
« on: March 11, 2021, 10:50:03 AM »

Just wondering how everyone changed from tablet to patch. I've been having side affects from femoston 1/10 (mainly insaine itchy arms) my doctor wants me to trial patches instead and has put me on estalis sequi 50/140. I take my Femoston at night should I just replace my tablet with a patch at my next due night dose or wait a day or taking nothing and then apply the patch ( so basically  stop femostin wait 24/48hrs then apply patch or just start patch at next due dose)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Going from tablet to patch
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 12:39:46 PM »

Hi!   MayB put the product name into the search box 2 C if anyone else is using it?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 04:01:20 PM by CLKD »

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 02:07:19 PM »

It's more important you keep your cycle in step with the hrt. If it won'tbbt too long I would carry on with the tablets until your period starts (day 1) and start with the oestrogen only patch then.

Itwillpass

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 02:42:17 PM »

Hi I went from femoston 2/10 to patches. I waited until I got my period on the tablet, then put the first patch on, as Sheila says you need to keep your cycle in step, good luck  :)

alibeau

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 03:44:38 PM »

I recently changed from Femoston 2/10 to gel.

I waited until the end of my pack of tablets to do the switch just to try to keep everything in sync....

Ali x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 07:22:44 PM »

It should be mentioned in the information leaflet as to when to start if changing type of HRT.

Taz x

tammiegurl

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 07:39:41 PM »

Thank you ladies. I had another really bad itchy flare up last night so I'm going to start the patches tonight. I've been on the tablets since December so I think if the itchy skin was going to get better It would by now and its not. Im in my bleed cycle now so I'll  go with the change over tonight.

Thank you all for your help such a fantastic forum!