Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Breakthrough bleeding after a year on HRT estrodot and utrogesten  (Read 859 times)

Emm225

Hi, just a quick question, and I will try to get through to my doctor (anyone else's doctor have queues of up to 30 on the phone?!) but looking for a bit of advice/similar experience?
I have been on estrodot ..25..and utrogeston 100 since March last year.  Didn't want to have HRT as scared of risks but my quality of life had got so horrid I capitulated and it changed my life for the better.
Not seen the doctor since, she just keeps giving me repeat prescriptions.  I have had a bit of a show of bleeding last night and today.  I haven't had this before, and can't think of any reason at all why I would get this (oh...I also have 10mg of estradiol which i am meant to insert once a week but don't always as I forget...however I have had a dose this week)

I didn't think you were meant to bleed on HRT? Funnily enough I have felt "weird " today...before I noticed the bleeding....very edgy and cross, tearful and depressed and rubbish at doing everything...which says possible hormone cause...the sort of feeling I would try to kill with a run but can't cos I have had a stiffness and pain down the back of my leg and lower back...probably muscle strain in some way!  I feel I need to be put down!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Breakthrough bleeding after a year on HRT estrodot and utrogesten
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 06:59:02 PM »

Your own hormones joining in?

MayB put the product names, individually, into the search box to C what pops up?  Make notes  ;)

sheila99

Re: Breakthrough bleeding after a year on HRT estrodot and utrogesten
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 09:36:11 PM »

We're you peri or meno when you started hrt? Any bleeding more than a year after the last one should be investigated though if it felt like a period there's less worry. Do you take utro every day or 25 days per cycle? Unless your meno utrogeston is unlikely to stop bleeding as your own hormoneswwill still be contributing. If you want to be bleed free on peri you could try a mirena.