Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT not working  (Read 1560 times)

Sjays

HRT not working
« on: March 09, 2021, 08:46:37 PM »

I am on estraderm Mx 100 patch & utrogestan , for the last 2 months I’ve had a bleed, with awful pains, I’m getting ba night sweats, my mood is on the floor, my dr says I am on the highest dose, so I am on the last resort as I have tried nearly all HRTs available, is it only private clinics that allow a higher dose in patches, as I’ve seen lots of posts where some women are on much higher dose than a 100mc

lillith112

Re: HRT not working
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 09:45:40 PM »

Maybe your estrogen dose is too high ?, I'd get one of those home tests to check your estrogen levels so you know where you are, high estrogen can cause awful symptoms too. I'm on mx50 and utrogestan, took a few months for me to feel better, my levels were 200 which is apparently normal.

Lillith.

mariawd

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 10:36:53 PM »

When my estrogen dose was too high it was unbearable. I went absolutely mad.
It’s very, very hard to get the dose right.
I am now taking Femonston1/10 with a pump of oestrogel every two days and still my symptoms come and go.....sigh

Sjays

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 09:22:35 AM »

Thanks ladies, do you think it could be ? Where would I get one of those at home test from? Maybe ill drop to 75 and see what happens x

PollittFCII

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 04:13:27 PM »

I’m the same been on Evrol conti 50 for 6 weeks don’t feel any better. Contacting GP asked her for
Higher doses. She said they don’t do a 100 patch. She now wants to do a hormone blood test. Feel like I’m sinking fast. I expected after 6 weeks to be better but I’m not.

Gnatty

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 09:10:40 AM »

It's very difficult, when you so want HRT to work and then it doesn't seem to deliver the promises made in the press etc. One thing I do know, it isn't an instant fix for a lot of women. For some it can take six months let alone six weeks and it can be a rocky road. It's so tempting to think something isn't working and to keep chopping and changing dosage - this is only natural as we want to feel better! However in the long run this could take so much longer than sticking with a plan and giving it time. Of course we have some pointers to help, for instance a continuation of hot flushes is often a sign of insufficient oestrogen. I think when oestrogen is increased though, this can initially cause anxiety. But if you know that, you are forewarned so to speak and can expect the symptoms to improve and ride it out.

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 02:22:10 PM »

I would ask for a referral to a menopause clinic. It might that you don't absorb it well or it might be that you just need more but they should be able to prescribe it. Some symptoms do take a long time (my anxiety and insomnia took 3 months) but flushes should go after a couple of weeks. Are you taking utro cyclically or continuously? If conti you could try sequi to make sure it isn't that which is making you feel bad.