Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Epilator Recommendations  (Read 6849 times)

Honeybean

Epilator Recommendations
« on: March 09, 2021, 07:13:38 PM »

Hi

I am thinking of buying an epilator and have started doing some research but there seems to be so much choice and I've got a bit overwhelmed! Braun seem to be dominating the market but again they have hundreds of different versions and I just cant choose. The epilators also seem to range from £30 to £200 and I don't want to make an expensive mistake.

I know some people say they hurt, but I am ok with leg waxing so I think I can handle it.

If you could give me some tips on what I do and don't need ie do I really need a machine that does 60 plucks or is 20 adequate?!! Also if anyone can recommend a specific model or brand I would be really grateful.

Thanks  ;D

jaypo

Re: Epilator Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 08:23:19 PM »

Hiya, I couldn't live without my epilator,especially in summer,after the first couple of times,you only need to epilate maybe every two weeks but beware,it is pretty uncomfortable to start with and may mark your legs but once you get into the swing of it,they're fab,no bristle either,I do my armpits too,again,pretty sore to start with but we girls are tough  ;D mine is a Braun Silk-epil 5 or 6 can't remember how much I paid for it,maybe £50 or £60 but worth it,love my smooth legs,dont resemble desperate Dan anymore  ;D

Sparrow

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 08:25:12 PM »

I used to have one but boy did it hurt.

I have a high pain threshold but could not cope with it.  Also legs looked like plucked chickens after.

Now have an electric razor.

Honeybean

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 08:27:01 PM »

Hiya, I couldn't live without my epilator,especially in summer,after the first couple of times,you only need to epilate maybe every two weeks but beware,it is pretty uncomfortable to start with and may mark your legs but once you get into the swing of it,they're fab,no bristle either,I do my armpits too,again,pretty sore to start with but we girls are tough  ;D mine is a Braun Silk-epil 5 or 6 can't remember how much I paid for it,maybe £50 or £60 but worth it,love my smooth legs,dont resemble desperate Dan anymore  ;D

Hiya, thanks for the info. Is yours a wet and dry one? Just wondering if that is a feature to consider?
Thanks x

Salad

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 08:29:20 PM »

I love my epilator!!!  ;D

I’ve used one for years and my hairs are much finer, sparser and fewer. I do underarm, bikini line and lower legs.
I’ve always used Braun Silk Epil 5 - it’s a green one. I do tend to replace it every 2-3 years and it’s always been half price at Boots.
It’s worth putting up with the discomfort for the results you get, so much better than the sugaring/waxing I used to have.

Honeybean

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 08:38:31 PM »

I love my epilator!!!  ;D

I’ve used one for years and my hairs are much finer, sparser and fewer. I do underarm, bikini line and lower legs.
I’ve always used Braun Silk Epil 5 - it’s a green one. I do tend to replace it every 2-3 years and it’s always been half price at Boots.
It’s worth putting up with the discomfort for the results you get, so much better than the sugaring/waxing I used to have.

Hiya thanks for the info. I am fed up with shaving and have been waxing but its so messy. I can cope with waxing my legs because I pull the strips quickly. I wonder if its going to hurt more because I am assuming you cant make the epilator go as quickly as you could pull a strip up your leg? Which does worry me a bit because I assume the epilator may prolong the pain longer than waxing? Is your epilator wet and dry? I was wondering if that might ease the pain a bit...

Thanks x

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 08:40:27 PM »

Yes it's a wet and dry one,like Salad says,the hair gets finer the more you do it and eventually you don't feel anything much.
Oh salad,you don't have to replace the whole epilator,you can just buy a new head

Salad

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 10:00:29 PM »

Yes it's a wet and dry one,like Salad says,the hair gets finer the more you do it and eventually you don't feel anything much.
Oh salad,you don't have to replace the whole epilator,you can just buy a new head
Now you tell me  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 08:57:05 AM »

OUCH!  :-X

I love my tweezers .......... [My Chin! thread]

Salad

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 09:58:34 AM »

OUCH!  :-X

I love my tweezers .......... [My Chin! thread]

I might have to add chin to my areas to epilate soon - wonder if it’ll leave a rash  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 02:52:15 PM »

Haha sorry salad,should've told you sooner  ;D
I have actually done my chin with it and it was ok

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2021, 02:57:32 PM »

If you can use an epilator jaypo, the jab will be absolutely nowt  ;) and as 4 eye-brow waxing  :o :o :-X
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 04:10:37 PM by CLKD »

Salad

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2021, 04:02:08 PM »

Haha sorry salad,should've told you sooner  ;D
I have actually done my chin with it and it was ok

I’ve put it on my to do list  :D

C.C.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 12:20:57 AM »

What about the upper lip?  I've been finding the odd dark hair...great, I'm sprouting a 'stache! :o  Tweezers make my eyes water! ;D

jaypo

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2021, 08:35:10 AM »

There's good bleaching products for facial hair CC ,not that I would know anything about that obviously  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3