Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Test to see if you are postmenopausal  (Read 604 times)

Ruby10

Test to see if you are postmenopausal
« on: March 08, 2021, 11:52:25 AM »

Has anyone managed to get their dr to do a test to see if they are postmenopausal while taking HRT? i know they are not keen and expect you to come off the hrt and cope with all the symptoms again :'( to see if your periods have stopped for you to be able to go on continous hrt .

Taz2

Re: Test to see if you are postmenopausal
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 04:18:47 PM »

How old are you Ruby? Most GPs will now allow you to change to a conti HRT at around the age of 53.

Taz x   :)

Ruby10

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 05:13:34 PM »

Hi Taz2 Thank you I am 47
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:15:18 PM by Ruby10 »

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 06:06:48 PM »

I would say that it's not worth the hassle of having to come off HRT for what may be a year to find out if you are post menopause. The blood test is unreliable anyway. At one point, while I was in peri but not on HRT and hadn't had a period for 8 months, my FSH reading was 130 and my GP said this showed I'd never have another period yet I went on to have many more before starting  sequi HRT at age 53. Do you have a specific reason for wanting to find out?

Taz x

Ruby10

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 06:17:24 PM »

Taz I am wanting to find out  because I have got two ovarian cysts only since going on hrt that are growing and have not gone in 3 years . I spoke to the radiographer and they say having a period and being on hrt can encourage them to appear .
I would not cope coming off the hrt as I get so many bad symptoms so what you say about the 53 age group might be an option with my dr allowing me to go to continuous hrt and no more periods