Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femseven Conti patches  (Read 5943 times)

Wendy1564

• First Flush
Femseven Conti patches
« on: March 08, 2021, 11:37:51 AM »

Hi Everyone i was hoping to get some feedback on Femseven Patches this is my first month using them and everything is going ok 🤞🏻 The only problem I have is the itching that the patches cause, will this get any better or is this something I have to deal with ? some days I could scratch my skin to bits  😢

2cats

Re: Femseven Conti patches
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 01:58:26 PM »

Hi Wendy,

I also had issues with itching and red marks being left by the patches so eventually I came off them and went on to gel, just to give my skin a break.  I’m now back on them (week 5) and im not sure how long I’ll last as they they are not lasting the week, so I think I’m getting yo-yoing of symptoms. I get to day 5 and the patch is only half stuck to my skin. So frustrating!
We’re not the only ones to have issues with the adhesive. Good luck.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 05:30:57 PM »

Hi Wendy. The advice in the patient leaflet is to stop and change to a different HRT if you get any irritation from the patches.

Taz x

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 05:32:32 PM »

Hi Wendy, I had to stop using them after 2 weeks, as they left angry red marks on my hips which have taken about 5 weeks to fade away. I am guessing there is something in the adhesive that we are sensitive to? I was so hopeful for being completely transdermal too. :-\

I am back on Estradot 50 patches which don't irritate my skin and stay stuck on very well. I am also on Utrogestan 100mg daily, but am having an awful lot of stomach problems and a sharp pain in my right breast after trying Tostran gel too, (as recommended by my meno clinic gynae Dr). I think I may not be suited to HRT, as have been trying to find the right regime for over a year now at age 64, but it is the only thing that gets rid of my hot flushes!
 Stuck between a rock and a hard place!

I hope you find the best thing for you. x

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 01:37:28 PM »

Hi, I have been trying Femseven Conti since November.

Previously, after a covid-delayed appointment, I had been identified by the gynae as having a reaction to Vagifem which had inflamed  my cervix and advised to stop using it. They thought it was the fillers in it or something.

With the Femseven Conti, like some of the above posts, I have a red mark and rash for a few days after removing each patch and i can still note a dark mark where the outline of each previous patch would have been.

I also get a really weird taste in my mouth for the first couple of days of each patch. Is it possible it could be the estradiol itself I am reacting to?

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 01:17:01 PM »

Hi Hezzalady, I'm inclined to think it's the adhesive that leaves the red marks, I had them too which lasted ages so haven't tried them again since. Not sure I had the metallic taste but then we're all different! I'm still on Estadot 50 which twice weekly and they stick really well with no irritation.

I did report to the yellow card scheme regarding the adhesive on the FemSeven.

Sorry to hear your reaction to the Vagifem, so unfair.....I am on that too and works well for me. Hope you can have an alternative that suits you?

jaycee

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 01:26:24 PM »

I am surprised to see that Femseven Conti are still available, also Estradot,as my daughter has been on both of these but were often hard to get,
She was very suited to F7 but told again not available

Nas

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 04:43:25 PM »

My skin was irritated after months on evorel. I removed the last one last Sunday and I feel relieved!

They caused no end of bleeding and red marks on my bum.

God awful things.

jaycee

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 02:19:02 PM »

I have read that EC did cause heavy bleeding in some people, but i just had the hairfall, and after trying a second time hair started falling in the first 2 weeks,
Apparently it is the type of progesterone that causes it,
Noresthisterone is the worst you can get for causing problems, especially for hair

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 07:37:13 PM »

I have read that EC did cause heavy bleeding in some people, but i just had the hairfall, and after trying a second time hair started falling in the first 2 weeks,
Apparently it is the type of progesterone that causes it,
Noresthisterone is the worst you can get for causing problems, especially for hair

Yes, I had bleeding with the Evorel Conti, soI stopped...but so far none after a whole pack of Femseven Conti. I just don’t really feel any better, possibly even more tired and anxious then before  plus I have put on 9lb+

Yes, shame about the vagifem, it felt like it was doing a bit of good til they noticed the inflammation!

Thanks for the replies, I am wondering whether to mention the skin reaction to the GP.

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2022, 07:46:24 AM »

I think that the patient info leaflet says that if you develop a rash under the patch this shows allergy to the adhesive. As the hormones are contained in the adhesive this may mean you won't get full benefit and the advice is to change to a different one.  :-\

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2022, 01:14:27 PM »

Okay...I now have the most huge, sore boobs ever to add to ever-increasing red marks on my thighs from the edges of patches...the last one even left a bruise. Also to add to that, more weight gain. (Anyone who makes out that is just from the menopause, that doesn’t apply as I had lost weight before going on Femseven conti and almost a third of it has piled back with hardly any change to habits).

So I cannot take any more ...I am not seeing any benefits and need to accept it doesn’t suit me. Having had to stop vagifem as well,I am just beginning to despair a bit but will concentrate on health and fitness.

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2022, 07:42:56 AM »

What a nuisance for you If you have red patches it shows you are allergic to the adhesive in the patches. The hormones are contained in the patches and your absorption will be affected. I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread. Patient information leaflet advice is that it should be discontinued in the event of itching/soreness around the patch. Different brands of patches use different adhesives. I did put on weight with conti HRT but this is because progesterone always makes me feel hungry and I did snack more.

You could change the type of patch or regime. As for the other side effects if you use a Sequi regime then you will know whether these are caused by the oestrogen or the progesterone. Don't despair. Why do you have to stop the vagifem?

Taz  :hug: