Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HEAVY BREASTS POST MENOPAUSE  (Read 1978 times)

kimhp

• First Flush
HEAVY BREASTS POST MENOPAUSE
« on: March 08, 2021, 10:48:12 AM »

Hi everyone.  A bit of background to explain my question.  I had a partial hysterectomy (kept ovaries) 15 years ago.  I am now 59.  I started hot flashes/night sweats and a few other symptoms about 6 years ago.  I started using a great progesterone cream which really suited me and helped symptoms.  Last year I weaned myself off the cream, and all seemed fine.  I am back to getting hot flashes, my joints are so painful, weight gain, and terrible beard growth.  But, what I can't work out is the heavy, sometimes painful breasts like I used to get when I had periods.  I always thought this was due to excess estrogen? Can I still be estrogen dominant?  I don't smoke, don't drink in excess and eat a fairly healthy, natural diet.  Thanks for any comments or advice. (At the moment the progesterone cream is not in my budget - thanks covid and no job!)

jaypo

Re: HEAVY BREASTS POST MENOPAUSE
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 01:17:12 PM »

Hi there, I had same scenario as you,hysterectomy,ovaries left,sweats for 6 years or so,then all of a sudden these super heavy boobs,I'm not big chested but it felt like I was a double D,I think it's the ovaries giving a final push of oestrogen,even after the hysterectomy,I always knew when I'd be due a period as my breasts became tender but the final two or three times,omg,they were supper sensitive,heavy & a bit painful,thankfully this only happened,like I said,two or three times,then it stopped.