Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Previously tolerated utrogestan but now feel awful  (Read 633 times)

Mojohn

• First Flush
Previously tolerated utrogestan but now feel awful
« on: October 06, 2023, 03:00:56 PM »

Hi I’ve taken utrogestan 14/14 for about a year and tolerated it well. The last couple of months after a few days I’ve started to feel exhausted, spaced out and grogggy which is setting off all my health anxiety. Hard to wake up in the mornings too. I’m on 3 pumps oestrogel, testosterone that I’m not sure is doing much and low dose Losartan for Bp. I have very deep sleeps and weird vivid dreams. Feeling a bit fed up with it all as just feel so peculiar. Anyone else has this after time being fine?

Dawn3129

Re: Previously tolerated utrogestan but now feel awful
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 08:39:44 AM »

I'm on oestrogen and my dreams have been mental. I'm also on duloxetine and it's not helping.
Are you on anything else? X

Hurdity

Re: Previously tolerated utrogestan but now feel awful
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2023, 08:27:07 AM »

Hi Mojohn

:welcomemm:

Not sure what you mean by 14/14? Do you mean 14/28 ie 2 weeks out of a 28 day cycle? Unfortunately some of us do suffer side effects from utrogestan taken at the doses needed to protect the endometrium.

If you are taking it orally, one option is to try to take it vaginally when there are fewer side effects. I have never taken it orally but even vaginally I get vivid dreams, feel brain-fogged and tired in the mornings, and it also wakes me in the night to empty my bladder. I also take it cyclically - now down to 5 weeks which I do not relish.

I think our bodies change as we age ie generally I sleep much deeper than I used to so the effects of utro make it even worse. Also as we progress through menopause and our own cycle changes, we will react differently even to the same dose of the same products.

Hope you feel less fed up soon. There are alternative progestogens if the side effects become too troublesome.

Hurdity x